Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:48 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Especially federal workers who are so coddled.
With the protection afforded by Civil Service regs/laws, Federal employees have little to gain from unions (they can't bargain over wages and benefits).
Old 02-18-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Ayup. Two wingnuts of the same bird. Getcher lil' germwagons vaccinated or keep 'em in the house and away from the rest of society.

signed a childless loser.
I think one reason why people do not do this is because we have been so successful in eradicating bad disease via vaccination no one is reminded of them. If people went around and saw victims of polio at the store or in their schools they would shut the fuck up and get vaccinated. Some parents need a little vacation in the developing word to open their eyes.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:52 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
You can die from measles. A parent who does not get their kids vaccinated is just stupid.
And dumb. And selfish. The same type of person who thinks they should be able to go to
Starbucks with an AK-47 slung over their shoulder for a Sunday morning latte.

Bullshit.

You can die from a cold for God's sake. Don't be part of the herd. It's stupid to be cattle.

and there is nothing selfish about it

if you got little scared Johny his shot... nothing for you and Johnny to worry about. I don't know ANYONE who did not have both rubella and the measles as a kid. Don't know a one that missed more than a fw days of school.

Great anology about latte and guns though.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:54 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
I think one reason why people do not do this is because we have been so successful in eradicating bad disease via vaccination no one is reminded of them. If people went around and saw victims of polio at the store or in their schools they would shut the fuck up and get vaccinated. Some parents need a little vacation in the developing word to open their eyes.
who is refusing polio vaccine?

maybe post honestly?

just a thought
Old 02-18-2015, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
who is refusing polio vaccine?

maybe post honestly?

just a thought
I am just saying people would not question vaccines period it they saw the effects of disease everyday when out and about. An adult with a weakened immune system would be in trouble if they caught the measles. You seem to question the need for measles or other vaccines.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:17 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Measles
Old 02-19-2015, 07:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Go Union! A pox on anyone who says otherwise.
You betcha. And I'll be posting something in response to comments by beam and finn shortly.

I will say that when anybody says they feel sorry for Illinois...I don't get that at all. Illinois is getting exactly what it asked for. The people of Illinois knew the difference between Pat Quinn and Bruce Rauner and they picked Rauner. Outside of Chicago metropolitan, Illinois is as red as Indiana. So who's fault is this? It's the fault of liberals and Democrats in Chicago, who didn't get off their fat, dead assess and out to the polls to keep a vindictive shitbag like Bruce Rauner in his private sector world of mega-riches.

Everybody gets the government they deserve.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:28 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
With the protection afforded by Civil Service regs/laws, Federal employees have little to gain from unions (they can't bargain over wages and benefits).
Finn you have to be joking, those are laws and regs in name only.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:32 AM
Ready

1. if there is a chance of harm, however small, from a vaccine, unless the chance of harm form the disease is greater it makes sense to avoid the vaccine.
2. If everyone else gets their kids vaccinated, there's about no chance your kid will catch the disease.
3. It makes sense to encourage everyone else to get their kids vaccinated, then freeload off the herd immunity.

This is why there have to be sanctions (no school enrollment or whatever) for failing to get vaccinations. The herd immunity is a 'good-held-in-common' that will be destroyed if too many people freeload on it.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
The only reasons for this vaccination idiocy happening are ignorance, superstition, and religiosity. My kid is autistic because of the vaccination. Bullshit...your kid is autistic, we have increasing numbers of kids with autism for the same reason we have the deluge of auto-immune disorders in recent times. The environment is toxic, and getting more toxic day by day. And not just exposure to specific toxins during pregnancy...but general exposure to an increasingly toxic environment. But it's civilization, y'know? We need oil, electricity, high speed transportation, plastic stuff, and all the gear for our web surfing and music listening pleasure. So the environment will get more toxic and we'll have more autism and auto-immune disorders and more ISIS maniacs lopping the heads off non-ISIS maniacs until everybody decides to become an ISIS maniac.

Because the human race are locusts. Locusts with intelligence, civilization and technology. The planet will survive just fine...the locusts won't.

Thus endeth the rant.

https://www.autismspeaks.org/science...ism-initiative

Last edited by Ike Bana; 02-19-2015 at 07:38 AM.