Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:22 PM

I am just glad Obama doesnt use that pesky Negro Dialect
Old 01-12-2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writewing View Post
Trying to stop some of our Presidents more dangerous ideas IS constructive.
Exam time:

What would some of those ideas be and explain why they're dangerous.

John
Old 01-12-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Yes its broken but that doesnt mean Obama has the best fix so its best to not pass a failed idea.
Since the health care bill isn't finalized yet and, therefore, hasn't been implemented, how can it be a "failed idea"?

Quote:
The Bailouts cant be proven to have actually helped stay off an impending doom but its done, Bush and our current Pres are equally guilty.
So, several major banking institutions were on the verge of collapse, the stock market was in free-fall and the government authorized a huge loan to save the industries. The banks are now in profit and the stock market is in territory it hasn't seen in years but the stimulus didn't help?

Quote:
Regulation of private business is never a good thing,
No regulation at all? No anti-trust, no health and safety standards, no truth in advertising, no nothing?

Quote:
and had it not been for Barney, Dodd and other Left flunkies selling the idea that everyone should get a home even if they cant afford it the banks would never have made those choices that sunk them to begin with.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqQx7sjoS8

John
Old 01-12-2010, 09:56 PM

Wow you hang on every word, its kinda flattering........... its spooky but flattering.
BTW when you look in my window at night I am not wearing green as thats actaully your night vision goggles making me look like that
OOOOOOOPS I dropped my remote................enjoy the show!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Wow you hang on every word, its kinda flattering........... its spooky but flattering.
BTW when you look in my window at night I am not wearing green as thats actaully your night vision goggles making me look like that
I guess you could say I'm trying to see what you've got.

John
Old 01-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Sounds to me like ad hominem attacks are an excuse to avoid legitimate questions about unsupportable assertions.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 01-12-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Sounds to me like ad hominem attacks are an excuse to avoid legitimate questions about unsupportable assertions.

Regards,

D-Ray
So Sue me
Old 01-13-2010, 07:43 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Yes its broken but that doesnt mean Obama has the best fix so its best to not pass a failed idea.

The Bailouts cant be proven to have actually helped stay off an impending doom but its done, Bush and our current Pres are equally guilty.

Regulation of private business is never a good thing, and had it not been for Barney, Dodd and other Left flunkies selling the idea that everyone should get a home even if they cant afford it the banks would never have made those choices that sunk them to begin with.

That last is GOP bullshit and you know it. Home ownership was encouraged but not the way the brokers and lenders did it. Our mortgage ssystem unfortunately is designed to encourage greed because there is no penalty.

I doubt that in a court of law the judge would accept "Your honour they encoraged me to rob the bank" as an excuse. The brokers and the banks did what they did knowingly because they were not at risk out of sheer greed.

But keep parroting that tired old cliche about unfettered capitalism if it keeps you happy.

Last edited by merrylander; 01-13-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:52 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
So, several major banking institutions were on the verge of collapse, the stock market was in free-fall and the government authorized a huge loan to save the industries. The banks are now in profit and the stock market is in territory it hasn't seen in years but the stimulus didn't help?
That wasn't the porkulus bill, that was Bush's bailout.

Pete
Old 01-13-2010, 07:55 AM
Resident octogenarian

I would simply suggest that you all take a look at the rankings of citizen's health for all the countries of the world and tell me what you think of our place on that list. Pretty piss poor showing for the "best health care system in the world". Hell Teddy Roosevelt was promoting healthcare or is thinking about it for 100 years "rushing things".

Don't forget Jack we has the GOP in charge for eight of those years and control of Congress for 12 so as long as the know nothings are in charge don't expect miracles.