Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-15-2009, 01:03 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
Who's moving on up and laughing all the way to the bank.
Enertainers have always been amongest the best paid in America.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Actually, I do.

And before anyone launches into their tough guy redneck horseshit, I would have you know that I am armed and was trained by your government how to kill people. Just because my views lean to the left, doesn't mean I'm easy prey.
Think you're tough because you shoot squirrels and deer? Try shooting at something that shoots back, dickhead.

When did that come from?

You might like this site:

http://www.fuckthesouth.com/

I posted this months ago but you were not here yet. It's more relevant today than it was in 2004 when it was posted.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:11 PM

Still can't figure out the hatred directed against Palin. It's one thing to attack the policies of someone running for office but to attack her character as a person? I have yet to see a genius elected to ANY office in Washington. You read the papers...
I have yet to hear ANY male gone after so visciously here except the talking heads. Usually its a fat woman who sits on her a*s all day at a computer who attacks an attractive woman with a hunk of a supportive husband and beautiful kids. The election is over...ya got who you wanted...
Old 11-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Still can't figure out the hatred directed against Palin. It's one thing to attack the policies of someone running for office but to attack her character as a person? ...

Speaking for myself, she is an assault on all the values I have struggled so hard to impart on my children.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Area Man

Bonzo.jpgQUOTE=painter;10229]Who's moving on up and laughing all the way to the bank.

Couldn't say I supported any one in the last election. But...Clinton and Bubba look pretty good to alot people right now. [/QUOTE]

You?

Or have you been talked out of everything worth having too?
Been to Ruth's Chris to pay $100 for a half assed steak so Rush could get his advertisement money? Something about $4.25 a gallon gas makes you nostalgic for the Republican majority? And don't even try to give that "there is no tie" bullshit. They should change their name to the ReExxonican Party.

Bush and Clinton? Those two assclowns will never look good to me. No President we have had in my lifetime has been worth two hoots. Including Bonzos buddy. Maybe Ford, but he didn't have much time.

Have a Great Day, Painter!

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 11-15-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Attachment 71QUOTE=painter;10229]Who's moving on up and laughing all the way to the bank.

Couldn't say I supported any one in the last election. But...Clinton and Bubba look pretty good to alot people right now.
You?

Or have you been talked out of everything worth having too?
Been to Ruth's Chris to pay $100 for a half assed steak so Rush could get his advertisement money? Something about $4.25 a gallon gas makes you nostalgic for the Republican majority? And don't even try to give that "there is no tie" bullshit. They should change their name to the ReExxonican Party.

Bush and Clinton? Those two assclowns will never look good to me. No President we have had in my lifetime has been worth two hoots. Including Bonzos buddy. Maybe Ford, but he didn't have much time.

Have a Great Day, Painter!

Dave[/QUOTE]

No dave...not me. I'm a Capitalist all the way.
I believe Grumpy said it best...read some of the former posts of a poster to get to know how they feel and what they believe in.
You have a great day also.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:53 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Still can't figure out the hatred directed against Palin. It's one thing to attack the policies of someone running for office but to attack her character as a person? I have yet to see a genius elected to ANY office in Washington. You read the papers...
I have yet to hear ANY male gone after so visciously here except the talking heads. Usually its a fat woman who sits on her a*s all day at a computer who attacks an attractive woman with a hunk of a supportive husband and beautiful kids. The election is over...ya got who you wanted...
No, it's not sexism either. Yes, she is attractive. But she is also a moron. If we were hiring a stripper she would be a shoe in.

And, YES, I have seen a male "gone after so viciously".
He is relentlessly attacked every single day.
He was declared a miserable failure before the ballots were even counted.
He's been assigned every disparaging moniker known to man.

His name is Barrack Obama.

Have a Great Day!

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 11-15-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Speaking for myself, she is an assault on all the values I have struggled so hard to impart on my children.

You should set the example. The friends in school and what they do will ultimately make an impression. If you think otherwise...give up the TV and burn the newspapers.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:

No dave...not me. I'm a Capitalist all the way.
"Pyramid of Capitalist System", issued by Nedeljkovich, Brashick and Kuharich, Cleveland: The International Publishing Co., 1911.

The Pyramid of Capitalist System is a provocative illustration of the hierarchical system of capitalist rule in America. In this beautifully colored portrait, the artist depicts the multiple tiers of working class oppression. At the top of the pyramid sits the state, which serves the interests of the ruling class and functions under capitalism as the protector of private wealth and property. Below the state stand the religious leaders, clergymen, and preachers of false consciousness who encourage obedience to and acceptance of the status quo, entreating the working masses to accept their ordained fate and seek their just rewards not on earth but in that glorious hereafter.

If obedience cannot be encouraged it will surely be enforced by the members of the next tier. As events in Homestead and Pullman clearly testified, the police and militia had as their objective not the protection of "the people," but rather the protection of capital from "the people." Beneath the military sit the parasite class, the bourgeoisie, who exploit the toilers of the world and profit by their labor power.

Beneath it all, bearing the weight of the entire system, are the workers who produce all things fundamental to the perpetuation of life and the continuation of this system. Thus, in addition to illustrating the multi-layered oppression and exploitation of workers, this image also begs the question, "what would happen to capitalism if the workers simply withdrew their support?"

http://www.laborarts.org/collections...cfm?itemid=428
Old 11-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Area Man

Quote:
You should set the example. The friends in school and what they do will ultimately make an impression. If you think otherwise...give up the TV and burn the newspapers.
I have no kids, (sadly). But the last sentence is exactly what I have done, to a large extent. Is amazing the thoughts that pop into your head when you free it up from as much of the BS as possible.

Dave