Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:37 AM

Behind the scenes in the Romney campaign.

http://themessageis.com/advice-for-m...-naacp-speech/

John
Old 07-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Resident octogenarian

When they investigated voter fraud during Dubya's reign in 2007 they found 86 people who had voted but really were not entitled. Not one case of someone voting insomeone elses place was found.

Last edited by merrylander; 07-12-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:01 PM

Let's see. If he goes, he likely gets boo'd (as he did) and you guys would crow about it.

If he doesn't go, you guys would crow about how he only appears before "friendly" crowds.

I think I'll stay on the sidelines on this thread, since nothing productive will likely come from it.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Let's see. If he goes, he likely gets boo'd (as he did) and you guys would crow about it.

If he doesn't go, you guys would crow about how he only appears before "friendly" crowds.

I think I'll stay on the sidelines on this thread, since nothing productive will likely come from it.
Boy I sure am glad that sort of damned if you do and damned if you don't stuff hasn't happened to Obama.

Carl
Old 07-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:

Your view is defensible were it not for the fact that Romney and Co. knew full well he would elicit boos with his provocative and disrespectful comments. He knew he wouldn't lose a single black vote (they wouldn't vote for him anyway), while gaining some support from his base for talking down to the darkies.

His presence there wasn't bold or brave as asserted by the right wing echo chamber. Brave would be going to the NRA convention and calling for sensible gun control or to a Tea Party group and advocating keeping RomneyObamaCare, while working collaboratively with the Dems to improve any small issues he may have with it (if any. He effectively wrote it, after all). What he did wasn't brave. It was cynical.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Talking down to the darkies? Come ON.

Pete
Old 07-12-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Your view is defensible were it not for the fact that Romney and Co. knew full well he would elicit boos with his provocative and disrespectful comments. He knew he wouldn't lose a single black vote (they wouldn't vote for him anyway), while gaining some support from his base for talking down to the darkies.

His presence there wasn't bold or brave as asserted by the right wing echo chamber. Brave would be going to the NRA convention and calling for sensible gun control or to a Tea Party group and advocating keeping RomneyObamaCare, while working collaboratively with the Dems to improve any small issues he may have with it (if any. He effectively wrote it, after all). What he did wasn't brave. It was cynical.
So advocating for your ideas is cynical, and while caving for political expedience is brave? Whatever.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:23 PM

The smart thing...go and come out strongly against voter suppression, and minimize your your intellectual dishonesty by not mentioning Obamacare, or at least being respectful by not throwing red meat. Romney is going to lose, and I think he even knows it. Did he attempt to convert maybe 1% of the audience so he did not waste his time? A serious candidate would have maximized the potential for conversion and toned down rhetoric that in the end just turns off everyone. He is a dilettante...
Old 07-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:

Productive? Romney got precisely what he wanted: a picturesque moment for every undecided white male bearing a latent resentment over minority gains since Rosa Parks to have an internal excuse to vote based on race without feeling guilty about it.

That's worth a 1.5 point swing.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Productive? Romney got precisely what he wanted: a picturesque moment for every undecided white male bearing a latent resentment over minority gains since Rosa Parks to have an internal excuse to vote based on race without feeling guilty about it.

That's worth a 1.5 point swing.
So, to make your theory work, Romney's minions were spread out through the crowd pressing greenbacks into the attendee's hands to assure that they would boo on cue. Brilliant!