Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Pretty difficult to outsource a firemans job. Flying them in from India to put out a fire in Texas just won't work at all.

However, when it comes to the push to privatize everything and the possibility that this could lead to, or be motivated by kickback schemes is very possible, if not likely. I believe you are definitely on to something there, Ed.

Dave
Why can't Indian's put out Texan fires?

Remember when the police had to be male and over 6foot tall? The though of a 4'11'' Hispanic women being allowed to be a police officers was more ridiculous than out sourcing these jobs now is.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Why can't Indian's put out Texan fires?

Remember when the police had to be male and over 6foot tall? The though of a 4'11'' Hispanic women being allowed to be a police officers was more ridiculous than out sourcing these jobs now is.
You are a blatant racist, male chauvinist, height prejudiced....
Old 06-22-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
"A spokesman for the fire fighters’ union also could not be immediately reached for comment"

Not disputing the story but a county commissioner's unsubstantiated accussations don't make something so and a responsible news reporter would at the least allow a little time for a rebuttle. If someone could prove the allegations heads would roll, I would think. Sounds to me the fire dept. was responding to the budget crunches by cutting back. As to allegations of them taking leave as a favor to other firemen wanting overtime pay? I didn't see where that was proved. If it could be I would think Cook County's DA would be bring charges. It mostly had a flavor of spun political BS from the one article.

I looked at the Carolina article also and I find it educational to poke around a news sources website to try to see the general tone of it. The sidebar on the right hand side of the page showing the topics du jour in their blogspots kind of paints a somewhat biased flavor in my opinion.

My objecton is very little fact checking goes into most stories these days. From where I stand, left of center, it happens more from conservative rags than leftie rags. Sadly it appears that opinion based news veracity goes unquestioned.

So, I'm still looking for hard facts as opposed to some columnist's opinions.
Better re-read boba.....I do believe the union rep was ducking on this one.

Charges have been filed and it's cleaned up but your bias lead you down the complete wrong path.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
You are a blatant racist, male chauvinist, height prejudiced....
LOL, thank you, I try.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
Better re-read boba.....I do believe the union rep was ducking on this one.

Charges have been filed and it's cleaned up but your bias lead you down the complete wrong path.
Sorry I mistook you for that respected member to the south of you, it was big pharma talking (Watson)- yeah that's it. Isn't Laughlin in another timezone?