Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

We might not have outsourced any jobs, but have we created any?

Obviously blue collar folks don't know what's good for them. So easily misled, the poor dears.

Pete
Old 11-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
We might not have outsourced any jobs, but have we created any?

Obviously blue collar folks don't know what's good for them. So easily misled, the poor dears.

Pete
Who is it that buys the goods and services the "job creators" provide?
Cripple our purchasing power and the game is over. The system needs everyone to be financially healthy, not just the folks at the top. You're not going to build any factories if you have no one to sell your products too, regardless of how low your taxes are, or how wealthy you are. A workforce that cannot afford to spend is spinning it's wheels.

And, anyone who thinks he is not manipulated is a fool.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 11-30-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:15 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Stop manipulating me Blue!

How do we go about creating a better workers' paradise than we already have?

Pete
Old 11-30-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Stop manipulating me Blue!

How do we go about creating a better workers' paradise than we already have?

Pete
Why not have the government regulate one?

Chas
Old 11-30-2011, 03:43 PM

Because when the gov controls, there's no place left to go for anything better. At least now there's competition among companies for talented workers. Regulate it and you take away the freedom of the worker to vote with his feet and go find a better environment/pay/etc.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Because when the gov controls, there's no place left to go for anything better. At least now there's competition among companies for talented workers. Regulate it and you take away the freedom of the worker to vote with his feet and go find a better environment/pay/etc.
The government tells people where they can go to work? When did this start happening?

Or, you can eliminate the better environment/pay providing jobs...........if you want to hold costs down. That sounds more like whats going on these days, than what you describe.

Dave
Old 11-30-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
The government tells people where they can go to work? When did this start happening?

Or, you can eliminate the better environment/pay providing jobs...........if you want to hold costs down. That sounds more like whats going on these days, than what you describe.

Dave
Or we could build the Keystone Pipeline, and maybe some of the newer coal plants, or some of the newer nuke plants Rob talks about.

Cheaper and abundant energy is what's going to give this economy the kick in the ass it needs to get started again.

Green energy will come of age, right now it's not only a slogan but a joke.

It's kind of like killing your mule because he shits in the yard while your tractor is still on the drawing board.

BTW, I just lost a job due to the EPA RRP guidelines. Which was fine by me, not only was lead present, but the owners had a child who tested with elevated lead levels in his body, whatever that is...and the State of Missouri was aware of it.

I explained to them what I was required to do, especially since the government was already aware of the problem, so...

They hired someone else who didn't abide by ANY, and I do mean ANY, of the regulations.

And no, I didn't rat him out to the EPA...I may be a shitass, but I'm not THAT big of a shitass.

So I'd like to thank our masters for helping to break one of the few contractors who is trying to abide by their dumb assed regulations.

Jesus Christ, people used to drink water that ran through lead water lines. Now you can't even use 50/50 solder.

I hate uplifters.

Chas
Old 11-30-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
How many folks who are trained in the sciences do you think are really comfortable with the party of the religious right?

Regards,

D-Ray
Their livelihood could depend on the pockets of the left. In this area...the arts...and sciences get budget cuts with Rep leadership.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:18 PM

Did you see what was at the very top of the page? "The Opinion Pages". Okay, so there's that.

But, so what? Obama is bad because he's building a coalition of hispanics, blacks and educated whites? Okay. Their votes count, right? Their opinions matter, right? So if there are enough of them to get the man elected, then their views are being heard. If there aren't, then better luck next time.

What is the basis of your concern? The "white working class" won't be able to impose their agenda on everyone else?
Old 11-30-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Did you see what was at the very top of the page? "The Opinion Pages". Okay, so there's that.

But, so what? Obama is bad because he's building a coalition of hispanics, blacks and educated whites? Okay. Their votes count, right? Their opinions matter, right? So if there are enough of them to get the man elected, then their views are being heard. If there aren't, then better luck next time.

What is the basis of your concern? The "white working class" won't be able to impose their agenda on everyone else?
Votes count, that's the size of it.

Chas