Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Man, unbelievable!

They've been cracking down on scrapyards here too. The POS TC I got screwed on, I never had the out of state inspection on it, so the scrapyard is only giving 1/2!

Pete
Old 06-18-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
My hillbilly shop was full of heads, cranks, worn out starters, blocks .. you name it. Just shit I pulled and replaced for people and it added up to the point I had one half full so only one car would fit in there. I got pissed and decided it was time to haul it off and get my space back and you know what?

Get this crap. I drove 30 miles to the nearest scrapyard ( where the owner has known my family WELL since 1978 ), weighed in, then threw the cab high load of iron out of my truck ... just to get finger printed on my way out. I said '' FINGER PRINTED HELL !! .. I HAVEN'T COMMITTED ANY CRIME ''. Oh, but you done unloaded your truck and it's new policy anywhere in the state now that anyone getting rid of scrap must be finger printed before they leave. I said '' well I'll tell you what buddy,.. I'll just dig a deep assed hole on my place for my future shop cleaning.

I've bought low mileage motors and transmissions from this place for years and installed them for people when they can't afford to replace with brand new ones. Shit adds up and it's only common sense that I'm not a thief stealing scrap. Thieves haul anything metal they can get their hands on ... and all I've ever hauled off is blown engines & no good engine parts in which I have receipts for the replacement ones.
Gotta get fingerprinted to sell junk????

I'll bet the pointy heads who wrote that law have never been to a junkyard in their entire lives.

Chas
Old 06-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Resident octogenarian

Most junkyards if you go looking for a hubcap they will ask you to wait while they look. Then some guy nips out and takes a hubcap of the opposite side of your car from where one is missing.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Most junkyards if you go looking for a hubcap they will ask you to wait while they look. Then some guy nips out and takes a hubcap of the opposite side of your car from where one is missing.
When I lived in Texas, I used to shop at a place called "Jim Bobs Travel Town". Took up an entire city block on the edge of Houston.

Jim Bob had two signs on the wall. One said "No Credit" and the other said "Cash Only". He also carried a wallet that would choke a draft horse.

Now some might wonder how Jim Bob could operate like that in a hardcore city like Houston...until you saw Jim Bob and his "mechanics". None of them would ever been mistaken for the local minister.

He's actually one of my heros.

Chas
Old 06-19-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
When I lived in Texas, I used to shop at a place called "Jim Bobs Travel Town". Took up an entire city block on the edge of Houston.

Jim Bob had two signs on the wall. One said "No Credit" and the other said "Cash Only". He also carried a wallet that would choke a draft horse.

Now some might wonder how Jim Bob could operate like that in a hardcore city like Houston...until you saw Jim Bob and his "mechanics". None of them would ever been mistaken for the local minister.

He's actually one of my heros.

Chas
Hmm, I wonder if we could get ol Jim Bob in as a Czar of something. Sounds like the kind of feller we need in WA right now.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

It seems to me that Jim Bob probably avoided a shekel or two of income tax in the process.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
It seems to me that Jim Bob probably avoided a shekel or two of income tax in the process.
I have a good friend who is a barber. He said that there has never been a barber that made over 26k per year.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Hmm, I wonder if we could get ol Jim Bob in as a Czar of something. Sounds like the kind of feller we need in WA right now.
Well, if Jim Bob were in charge of the spill, and you paid 'em cash, people would be getting things done...or they'd be on the bottom of the gulf chained to a motor block.

Chas
Old 06-20-2010, 10:07 AM

"...On the bottom of the gulf chained to a motor block..." Sounds like a plan to me...