Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Wholy crap, you actually got shot? That's pretty cool.

But only cause it wasn't serious Cops work for themselves. Not saying there's not good ones.

I didn't know there were guns in San Diego lol. How'd you like it there (outside the problems)?

Pete
Old 04-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post

But only cause it wasn't serious Cops work for themselves. Not saying there's not good ones.

I didn't know there were guns in San Diego lol. How'd you like it there (outside the problems)?

Pete
Wellllllllllllllll, that was 1985. So my appraisal would be a bit outdated. I would say that, at that time it was a very beautiful place, and I liked the people for their laid back, easy going "Live and Let Live" lifestyle. (The same thing that so many today seem to dislike them for.). I had a GREAT time there. As a matter of fact I considered staying, but even then, the cost of living was getting stupid. In 1985 I had a two room mates, we rented a tiny two bedroom apartment with no A/C in a bad neighborhood and paid almost $800 a month. I hear a place like that would be nearly three times as much today.

Dave
Old 04-08-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Two months later, I heard a terrible ruckus going on outside my apartment. I looked out the window and saw a small group of vandals busting headlamps and windows in the parking lot. I called the police. 45 minutes later............................................. ....................

Dave
San Diego? They're too busy chasing women at the beach.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Wellllllllllllllll, that was 1985. So my appraisal would be a bit outdated. I would say that, at that time it was a very beautiful place, and I liked the people for their laid back, easy going "Live and Let Live" lifestyle. (The same thing that so many today seem to dislike them for.). I had a GREAT time there. As a matter of fact I considered staying, but even then, the cost of living was getting stupid. In 1985 I had a two room mates, we rented a tiny two bedroom apartment with no A/C in a bad neighborhood and paid almost $800 a month. I hear a place like that would be nearly three times as much today.

Dave
1 BDRM apts are at $1100.00/mo. and not in a great neighborhood. I see all those nice big houses posted by folks on AK and wish I could have a large listening room like their converted basements. I moved here in 1985 and what was once a clean, vigorous, clean air city has deteriorated into TJ North. SD also has the distinction of having one of the lowest income to cost of living indexes in the country. What were doing when you lived in SD?
Old 04-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
1 BDRM apts are at $1100.00/mo. and not in a great neighborhood. I see all those nice big houses posted by folks on AK and wish I could have a large listening room like their converted basements. I moved here in 1985 and what was once a clean, vigorous, clean air city has deteriorated into TJ North. SD also has the distinction of having one of the lowest income to cost of living indexes in the country. What were doing when you lived in SD?
Navy. Stationed at NAS Miramar. The apartment complex called Buena Vista Gardens at that time, was in Claremont.

Dave
Old 04-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Yeah, it was really cool.....

Four years in the military, and the only time I got shot at was in California.

Dave
Old 04-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:

Dave
Sorry that this happen to you.

In Brooklyn the police reply quickly to a citizens call and in certain areas I notice uniformed police presence. Presently the ubiquitous nature of cameras has put a serious damper on street crimes. Mug someone and within hours you are a big star on TV.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:

Dave
For some reaason I find that insanely funny!

Pete