We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Ya got me!

Sort of.

I didn't read the article, couldn't bring myself to do it after the opening paragraph, That said, the excerpt actually does appear in the article. The trouble is, the author is quoting the Wikipedia entry.

Still, the Wiki entry and associated footnotes offer no support for allegations of fraud, just that allegations were made, and the corrections made by Slate and referred to in the footnotes are no longer in Slate's Corrections area.

It's certainly possible that Kennedy published faulty or fraudulent data. It's even possible that he did so deliberately but the possibility also exists that Slate and Rolling Stone pulled the article simply because of the controversy and allegations of fraud, allegations that might themselves have been fraudulent. And, after all, it did take them five or six years to do so.

I guess we may never know but we do know that the behavior of "captured" agencies of the government has itself been scandalous. Given this, what Kennedy alleges is entirely plausible.

And I can't help but repeat that Kennedy can't be stupid enough to come out with a bogus report after the last controversy. This latest report must have been vetted to the most minute detail.

So except as noted, I retract nothing and faux outrage is your thing, not mine.
Agreed. No allegations of fraud. Simply recognizing what I stated a long time ago...ignorance, superstition, and religiosity. In Jr.'s case Catholic religiosity, eh?

I need to say one more thing about Jr., and your comment as to the age of various articles, and this related to the integrity of Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. All this time after the writing of that article for RS and Salon, the outing of the ignorance, superstition, religiosity, and disinformation, and the actions of RS and Salon...RFK, Jr., continues to have the same article prominently displayed, without correction, on his website.

Bobby left his integrity in his other pants.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 02-20-2015 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:37 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Who made the call, you or Florence? They probably thought they were helping a damsel in distress till you opened the door in your Archie Bunker robe.
No I made the call, of course the rather obvious fact that I knew what I was talking about helped (I had at time worked on the DOCSIS standards). Also since FiOS is already on premises for our phone I guess they know we can switch at a moments notice.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:39 AM

As long as we can include police and firefighters in "public sector unions", lets run with it.

For the life of me, I can't think of any unions that are more public sector than police and firemen. Strangely enough, Republicans can somehow divine amazing differences.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:41 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
That's probably because there is a government directive that prohibits them from driving fancy cars lest this leads to a taxpayer revolt. One thing to get paid for doing very little, quite another to flaunt a fancy car.

This reminds me of the steel mills (IN) in the 70's. There was an unwritten rule that management people could not drive into work in foreign cars and everyone followed this. Management folks could drive inside and within the plants while the union workers had to park in outside parking lots and take the shuttle. There was a rumor that some high level exec's drove their Porche's in on weekends.

I was driving a four year old Ford Probe at the time.

Where I grew up there was an explosives and fertilizer plant across the river. If the works manager drove a Buick everyone else had to go with an Olds or lower.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Your locust metaphor reminds me of that old British science fiction-horror movie called Five Million Years To Earth...the ancient Martian invaders found buried in their spaceship in the Tube stations looked like grasshoppers lol.
Speaking of locusts...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipe6CMvW0Dg
Old 02-20-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Agreed. No allegations of fraud. Simply recognizing what I stated a long time ago...ignorance, superstition, and religiosity. In Jr.'s case Catholic religiosity, eh?
The article in Wiki did allege fraud.

For this to be correct, you'd have to show me where the Church is opposed to vaccinations. You can't. It's not.

More important, if I or anyone else were to make a crack like that about "Jewish religiosity", for instance as a justification for expelling Jews from The Promised Land, we all know how you'd react. But why should anyone be surprised that you exempt yourself from your own standard?

Quote:
RFK, Jr., continues to have the same article prominently displayed, without correction, on his website.
You sure about that? Did you check? The Wiki article says it was still there as of 2011, around the same time that Salon and Rolling Stone took it down from theirs, but is it still there or has Bobby taken it down in the four years since?

Last edited by Boreas; 02-20-2015 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
The article in Wiki did allege fraud.

For this to be correct, you'd have to show me where the Church is opposed to vaccinations. You can't. It's not.

More important, if I or anyone else were to make a crack like that about "Jewish religiosity", for instance as a justification for expelling Jews from The Promised Land, we all know how you'd react. But why should anyone be surprised that you exempt yourself from your own standard?

You sure about that? Did you check? The Wiki article says it was still there as of 2011, around the same time that Salon and Rolling Stone took it down from theirs, but is it still there or has Bobby taken it down in the four years since?
First...when I said "agreed", It was in reference only to you and I being in agreement that there was no intentional fraud by Jr. Unless you want to argue with me about that.

Second... all I implied was that Jr., the Catholic was opposed to vaccinations. I don't give a s hit in the pope's pointy hat what the Catholic Church supports or opposes. The Catholic Church has enough to deal with and isn't in a position to oppose anything until it cleans up its own disgusting house.

Thirdly...observant, religious Jews are just as fucked up and delusional as any other theists. So you can say anything you like about the Jewish religion. So now your confusion about that should be cleared up.

Lastly...you got me. I did not go find Jr's website and compare his article there with the original in Salon. I took the wiki article at face value. So now we got each other.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Second... all I implied was that Jr., the Catholic was opposed to vaccinations.
No, the implications of your word go a lot farther than that. Whether you wanted to or not, you said that RFK Jr's anti-vaccination position is a consequence of his "Catholic religiosity". You have no evidentiary support for that and, in as much as the Catholic Church is not anti-vaccination, your position is essentially nonsensical.

Furthermore, RFK Jr isn't anti-vaccination in the first place and, so far as I know, never was. He's "anti-Thimerosal" and mostly where children and pregnant women are concerned. As far as I know, Thimerosal-free vaccines are just hunky dory with old Bobby.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
No, the implications of your word go a lot farther than that. Whether you wanted to or not, you said that RFK Jr's anti-vaccination position is a consequence of his "Catholic religiosity". You have no evidentiary support for that and, in as much as the Catholic Church is not anti-vaccination, your position is essentially nonsensical.

Furthermore, RFK Jr isn't anti-vaccination in the first place and, so far as I know, never was. He's "anti-Thimerosal" and mostly where children and pregnant women are concerned. As far as I know, Thimerosal-free vaccines are just hunky dory with old Bobby.
Late edit -

OK here's how I see this.

Here's a list of prominent anti-vaxxer's;
Charlie Sheen
Alicia Silverstone - has personal friends who's babies were "drastically affected."
Donald Trump
Jenny McCarthy
Jim Carrey - with this, now a two trick pony.
Kristin Cavallari - Who TF is Kristin Cavallari?
Rob Schneider - Mmmmpppfffttt...
Michelle Bachmann -BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAAAAAAAHAHAH!!!!!!!! John!!!!
Billy Corgan - good musician...pompous asshole.
Alex Jones - Really John...really.
Aidan Quinn*
RFK Jr. - in the perpetual shadow of an icon.
Lisa Bonet - Apparently not fully washed-up yet.
Andrew Wakefield - the documented fraud.

Quite the monumental list of scientific minds, eh? What do they all have in common? They're headcases without research or data who are fanning the flames of this fucking nonsense. Not all that unlike despicable pro-lifers spewing their "doctors are murderers" bullshit into the ear of any maniac who is happy to go bomb a clinic or gun down a physician.

The victim children of parents who listen to these people and infect other children with measles are innocent. But these people and the parents who listen to them? As far as I'm concerned anti-vaxxer parents are no different from HIV+ sociopaths who go out and find as many partners to fuck bareback, as often as they can. The only difference is, they don't do the deed themselves, they use their innocent children. Modern day Mary Mallon's.

When I'm king your kids don't get into school, daycare, the "Y", day camp, Boy Scouts, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, tennis club, soccer league, ballet class, or anything else without proof of vaccination. You want these activities for your un-vaccinated children? Fine. Set them up for your kids yourself over on your own little Contagion Island.

RFK Jr., isn't opposed to non-Themerisol vaccines? So what. The idiot continues to fan the flames of this braindead hysteria. He oughta be slapped into next week.

*Quinn's daughter appears to have had an allergic reaction to her vaccination. That is a sad and horrifying thing. But lots of people, children and adults have allergic reactions to medications, food, and other stuff in the environment. We lost a friend with seizure disorder to a sudden Stevens-Johnson allergic reaction to Dilantin that she had been on for years. So nobody's kid, according to Quinn should get vaccinated because they might have an allergic reaction. We have a physician friend who lost her daughter to peanuts. Rid the world of peanuts.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 02-22-2015 at 08:25 AM.