Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
It was about 90 degrees with 60-70% humidity. Too damn hot! I tried to do some work, but it's hot enough that my skin is sticking to my Vyco covered desktop. It's great stuff to write on but any sweat and your skin sticks. Balboa Island and a gin and tonic, or several, sounds about perfect. Enjoy your walk.
Make that a vodka and tonic with a squeeze of lime and I'll be right over
Old 08-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
It was about 90 degrees with 60-70% humidity. Too damn hot! I tried to do some work, but it's hot enough that my skin is sticking to my Vyco covered desktop. It's great stuff to write on but any sweat and your skin sticks. Balboa Island and a gin and tonic, or several, sounds about perfect. Enjoy your walk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
Make that a vodka and tonic with a squeeze of lime and I'll be right over
No where to park on Balboa Island not too mention no beach to speak of, just a lot of overpriced tourista spots. I usually head down River Rd. off Superior Ave. and park by those tennis courts. Huge expanse of beach just south of the Santa Ana River is great for a late afternoon stroll or a little fishing from the jetties. The other favorite is all the way down at the end of Balboa peninsula where the harbor mouth is. The Wedge....for your viewing pleasure!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wedge_(surfing)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0fur...feature=relmfu The last wave launches surfer +++
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgiM-T1xRMM Eatin' it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfOAUz76B68 A dolphin joins in!

Photo from across the harbor to the south lookin' north. Wikipedia. See ya!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:07 PM

You know, thinking about this, is there anything more ironic than a bunch of God fearing "patriots" lining up to support, defend and vote for a guy that has based his beliefs in an atheist/communist.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Area Man

Quote:
You know, thinking about this, is there anything more ironic than a bunch of God fearing "patriots" lining up to support, defend and vote for a guy that has based his beliefs in an atheist/communist.
No, not really. Mainly because if you try to tell them about it-----they'll ignore you, anyways.

In their minds, the "atheist/communist" is Obama and no one else. He is the locus of their ire. They are single-minded in mission and determination, focused on destroying him. If Romney or Ryan was to wipe his ass with the flag on television in front of the whole world I doubt they would notice or even care. They would vote against Obama anyways.

Dave
Old 08-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
If Romney or Ryan was to wipe his ass with the flag on television in front of the whole world I doubt they would notice or even care. They would vote against Obama anyways.
Romney has already done as much by moving his money overseas. Believe in American indeed.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:

Minor issue, being an atheist. The message she puts forth of "Greed is Good" or "Makers and Takers" reeled them in. Makes the true believers feel it's all right to feel the way they do. My guess is once you stop being a "Maker" when you retire you start being a "Taker" should do everyone a favor and just die!

BTW interesting show today on her.....http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/20...ntial-campaign

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 08-20-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:03 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Romney has already done as much by moving his money overseas. Believe in American indeed.
I've been recently told this is a good thing. And that every American citizen should do the same..................................

Dave