Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:30 PM
Admin

Thumbs down 2002 Winter Olympic's white knight...

Guess who is touting his massive sucking at the Federal teat? If you guessed Romney, you may have been paying attention. Mittie went to Salt Lake like he was Brigham Young leading his people out of the wilderness to the promised land to save the winter Olympics. Somehow the city fathers had turned it into a cluster***k of epic proportions and they were close to bankruptcy. Nice fairytale or just campaign rhetoric? Romney loves to brag that he brought home the bacon to the tune of $1,300,000,000.00 from the federal coffers. Yep $1.3 billion. So much for his great & wonderful enterpreneurial spirit and hatred for welfare and foodstamps. This was the ultimate in governmental welfare!

Former Salt Lake City Mayor Rocky Anderson said tonite,"I hate to say it but my former friend Mitt Romney has turned into a flim flam man!" Rocky should know who Romney really is, he worked with him during that time.

Lest I forget, Sarah Palin's running mate pilloried this money grab on the floor of the Senate at the time and vowed a filibuster should it ever come up again. Someone needs to tell McCain that that horse had already left the barn by the time he tumbled. I used to think McCain had some integrity but no more. Just another tool who hasn't seen a porcine barrel of pigknuckles and tripe that he didn't love...
Old 10-29-2012, 11:59 PM

There is nothing inherently wrong with getting money from government. It was Ron Paul that drove that home for me.

Ron Paul is generally for low federal taxes and small federal government with a track record to prove it. Someone tried to attack him for taking money for a pork barrel project in his home state and the attack glanced right off. Ron Paul simply said that while he is against pork barrel projects he also has to represent his constituents. They paid taxes and they want their share to come back home. Makes perfect sense.

Having said that, Mitt Romney is no Ron Paul.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:14 AM
Admin

It just gripes the hell out of me that these fake conservatives are such mendacious a@@holes. I'll leave Ron Paul alone for now since he and his supporters, not to mention delegates were given such short shrift at the convention. I can't say I blame you all for being pissed off at these empty suits.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:21 AM
Admin

Yeah, I'm disappointed that Obama has neglected ending the idiotic war on drugs. It doesn't make any sense at all. Pun intended.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:46 AM

I have know this for a long time and wondered why Obama did not make political hay off it. Mittens thinks that being President of the United States is like being the Czar of the piss ant Winter Olympics. News flash to Willard, it isn't the same.

It is amazing , but I cannot recall a single person, who has worked closely with Mittens in the past, say one thing positive about the empty suit that is the Bishop and future Mormon god, Romney.

If Romney wins next week you tea birtchers, that are not very wealthy, are going to get a rude awakening. Sad thing is I have to share your rude awakening.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Admin

I hear ya. I like to think folks like Pete and JJ are smarter than that, even Whell for Pete's sake. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so. These rich mofos don't give a chit about them or their party. Country club pricks never have and never will. Too bad it's going to take some serious poverty and betrayal for them to wake the hell up.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Yeah, the whole countries gonna go straight to hell.

Besides, everyone knows being a community organizer is the BEST prep for being Pres

Pete
Old 10-30-2012, 12:57 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Yeah, the whole countries gonna go straight to hell.

Besides, everyone knows being a community organizer is the BEST prep for being Pres

Pete
Damn sight better than a bunch of ticks. It'll take them years to bend us over but bend us over they will, stock up on bacon grease cause you won't be able to afford K-Y.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Damn sight better than a bunch of ticks. It'll take them years to bend us over but bend us over they will, stock up on bacon grease cause you won't be able to afford K-Y.
Petroleum jelly will be plentiful. Drill baby, drill!
Old 10-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Petroleum jelly will be plentiful. Drill baby, drill!
Squeeeeeel... Getting used to it?