Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
View Poll Results: Is it morally right for gays to marry?
Yes and they should be allowed to marry under the law 6 60.00%
Yes but they shouldnt be allowed to marry under the law 0 0%
Yes but they should be allowed to have a 'civil union' or something else that isnt called 'marriage' 1 10.00%
No but they should be allowed to have a 'civil union' or something else that isnt called 'marriage'. 1 10.00%
No but they should be allowed to marry under the law 1 10.00%
No and they shouldnt be allowed to marry under the law 0 0%
No and homosexuality should be illegal 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2011, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Actually hateful speech is not enough to be prosecuted on its own. There must be some criminal act associated with expressions of hate toward a group to come within the zone of hate crimes. The classification of a criminal act as a hate crime enhances the penalty that may be imposed. Speech itself cannot be prosecuted, unless the speech incites others who are present to commit a crime based on such incitement. An example is inciting a mob to hang or beat a person because of race, religion, sexual origin.

Phelps succeeded in overturning a verdict in favor of the father of a fallen soldier whose funeral the maggot Phelps picketed. The case went all of the way to the US Supreme Court, which affirmed his right to be hateful.

Regards,

D-Ray
Don, you are absolutely correct.

But if I were sheriff I'd still throw their asses in jail for disturbing the peace, inciting a riot, hold 'em for 20 on suspicion of breaking the law, put 'em in protective custody, or whatever else came into my mind.

I'll also give you odds that I could take Fred to one side and convince him to forget that Bugtussell County ever existed.

Chas
Old 01-30-2011, 08:52 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Don, you are absolutely correct.

But if I were sheriff I'd still throw their asses in jail for disturbing the peace, inciting a riot, hold 'em for 20 on suspicion of breaking the law, put 'em in protective custody, or whatever else came into my mind.

I'll also give you odds that I could take Fred to one side and convince him to forget that Bugtussell County ever existed.

Chas
Even being the peaceful sort I am, I wish that would work. Unfortunately, it would more than likely result in Bigtussell helping to fund future demonstrations by the Phelps syndicate. Their MO is to provoke overreaction which can lead to actions for damages. That's why the disbarred disgrace to two professions sent his kids to law school.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 01-30-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Even being the peaceful sort I am, I wish that would work. Unfortunately, it would more than likely result in Bigtussell helping to fund future demonstrations by the Phelps syndicate. Their MO is to provoke overreaction which can lead to actions for damages. That's why the disbarred disgrace to two professions sent his kids to law school.

Regards,

D-Ray
Maybe, maybe not.

the-pope-of-pork-in-tiny-towns-across-missouri-old-school-hog-farming-stages-a-comeback-mdash-an.jpg

Chas
Old 01-31-2011, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Do I think it's moral?
No. Actually, I think it's disgusting.
Diving in to a vat of cow dung to save a little girl from drowning in it is disgusting, but I think you'll agree that its not immoral.

So, would you care to elaborate on your answer?

Last edited by Brother_Karl; 01-31-2011 at 02:49 AM.