Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 08:15 AM

^^^
And this is the sort of ignorant rant he’s encouraging. Friend of Whell’s, no doubt.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/05/17/us/...eat/index.html
Old 05-17-2018, 10:29 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Rex Tillerson quote from a VMI commencement address:

It is only by fierce defense of the truth and a common set of facts that we create the conditions for a democratic, free society, comprised of richly diverse peoples, that those free peoples can explore and find solutions to the very challenges confronting the complex society of free people.

If our leaders seek to conceal the truth or we as people become accepting of alternative realities that are no longer grounded in facts, then we as American citizens are on a pathway to relinquishing our freedom. This is the life of nondemocratic societies, comprised of people who are not free to seek the truth.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:34 AM

From my older bro’s FB comments on Jane Austen’s Pride & Prejudice

Quote:
Without drawing direct parallels between Mr. Wickham and today’s deep American predicament, I might suggest that at the very least hiring Miss Austen as a ghost tweeter with veto powers over the clumsy and bellicose expression of imperial impulse would constitute a vast improvement, and possibly keep the ship of state from listing quite so perilously. Or so we could hope.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
"Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson argued Wednesday that the U.S. is experiencing a "growing crisis of integrity and ethics" in his first public speech since leaving the Trump administration almost two months ago.

"When we as people, a free people, go wobbly on the truth even on what may seem the most trivial of matters, we go wobbly on America," Tillerson told the graduating class of cadets at the Virginia Military Institute.

"If our leaders seek to conceal the truth and we as people become accepting of alternative realities that are no longer grounded in facts, then as an American people we are on a pathway to relinquishing our freedom," Tillerson said.

Tillerson emphasized that what makes America different from Iran, China, Russia, and other adversaries is its commitment to fact-based truths. And he expects doomsday if the U.S. starts accepting alternate realities not based on a set of facts.

"If we do not as Americans confront the crisis of ethics and integrity in our society and among our leaders in both private and public sector, and regrettably at times even the nonprofit sector, then American democracy as we know it is entering its twilight years," Tillerson said."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Too bad he's kept his light hidden under a bushel basket for so long. It's time for all patriotic Republicans to stand up for what's right instead of thinking only of their party affiliation and how it benefits them.
It didn't start now.

It glowed in recent times when we accommodated the "Clintons".
Old 05-17-2018, 12:55 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
It didn't start now.

It glowed in recent times when we accommodated the "Clintons".
You forgot to make the sign of the 'evil eye' and spit when you said the name, "Clintons", tovarich.

Last edited by bobabode; 05-17-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:19 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
It didn't start now.
You're right, it really got started with Ronnie 'The Snitch of RKO' Reagan.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:21 PM
Admin

Summer Zervos case to go forward.

"A New York appeals court on Thursday rejected a request from President Trump to stay proceedings in a defamation suit filed by a former contestant on “The Apprentice” who has claimed that he sexually harassed her.
The ruling on Thursday is a legal setback for Trump, who is facing multiple lawsuits focused on allegations women have made against him as well as his public comments about those women. It could open him up to discovery in the case, although he could also file further appeals to try to delay proceedings.
Trump’s attorneys sought a temporary halt in the case filed by Summer Zervos — who has accused him of groping and forcibly kissing her — while they awaited word on their appeal of a judge’s ruling this year that Zervos’s defamation lawsuit could proceed. Zervos sued Trump for defamation after he denied her accusations, along with those of other women who accused him of unwanted sexual contact before he was elected president. He called them all “liars.”" WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.3f169352af6f

Things are about to get interesting with this case.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:01 PM

Trump personally pushed postmaster general to double rates on Amazon, other firms

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...rms/ar-AAxtQeJ

The moron actually believes he can dictate this stuff, contracts be damned. Can’t wait for our village idiot to weigh in on this one, lol.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:27 AM

BBC trolls Trump over crowd size in royal wedding tweet

Lol. The rest of the world calls out the dotard on his lies.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-wedding-tweet
Old 05-19-2018, 08:42 AM
Admin

Cheeky devils. Those Limeys better watch their step, Emperor Dotard will order a nuke strike on Canterbury since he's fuming over not being invited to the Royal's soiree.