Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:16 PM

“Non Partisan” Primary in California

Not silly as some say but could lead to a one party system I will be watching this one.

Could end up with some interesting opponents in the fall.

http://capoliticalnews.com/2012/06/0...mary-is-silly/

Barney
Old 06-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Admin

Hey Barney, I've had my brains in the pickling jar as you know of late. I have to say I haven't paid much attention to this latest wrinkle in California elections.
I've pretty much been a sceptic of our initiative led style of governance. I'll even admit to being a bit rude to the signature gatherers outside most big box retailers. Yeah, those poor schmoes are paid a buck a signature and I don't begrudge it unless they miss the obvious signs that I'm not interested in signing any of their dozens of wacked out propostions. It really isn't the representational democracy that I learned about in jr. high is how I feel.
Anyhow, sorry for rambling off track in this fashion and thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Hey Barney, I've had my brains in the pickling jar as you know of late. I have to say I haven't paid much attention to this latest wrinkle in California elections.
I've pretty much been a sceptic of our initiative led style of governance. I'll even admit to being a bit rude to the signature gatherers outside most big box retailers. Yeah, those poor schmoes are paid a buck a signature and I don't begrudge it unless they miss the obvious signs that I'm not interested in signing any of their dozens of wacked out propostions. It really isn't the representational democracy that I learned about in jr. high is how I feel.
Anyhow, sorry for rambling off track in this fashion and thanks for the heads up.
I only talk to them if they're good looking women. I had one college environmentalist follow me across the parking lot telling me about the significance of her cause. The poor girl was disheartened when I climb into my SUV.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:13 AM

For some inter-party dissent to enjoy this time around check out the Colorado US Senate race where Obama's gone all out for Bennet and Bill Clinton has weighed in for Romanoff. The same thing is playing out in New Jersey with Steve Rothman and Bill Pascrell. This president is still weakening and it's getting more obvious that Bill Clinton seems to be positioning his bets on a post Obama political landscape being in place at the end of 2012.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Resident octogenarian

Keep dreaming mezz.

last night on PBS Newshour Clinton endorsed Obama highly and said that while Mitt was a good businessman and had been a governor his policies would be a disaster.

Last edited by merrylander; 06-06-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:47 AM

Wow, that sure is an odd outlook even for a rightie blog.
Things look pretty good and there were 7 total ballots ballots for all the parties at my polling station, with the independent redistricting and all, I say it looks real good for the real people of California.
So what if people have to compromise and actually work to get elected? This old school partisan redistrict-to-keep-your-seat is all over and the ballots are on equal footing, a good thing that should be given a chance IMO.
And voting is accessible for all citizens too.

Carl

Oh, yeah in Nov. the top two will be a Dem and a Rep.

Last edited by CarlV; 06-06-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
Oh, yeah in Nov. the top two will be a Dem and a Rep.
Even if it were a dem and a dem in November, do you think Obama would win?
Old 06-07-2012, 09:48 AM

I assume you did read the thread and do know that the Presidential primary is not affected by this is any way, so no, I am not going to write in anybody.

Carl
Old 06-07-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Keep dreaming mezz.

last night on PBS Newshour Clinton endorsed Obama highly and said that while Mitt was a good businessman and had been a governor his policies would be a disaster.
It's been looking more an more like Bill has some deep seated issues with Obama. Perhaps those stem from the Obama campaign pulling the race card on Hillary in the 2008 primary. Bill can get mighty bristly when people start implying he might be racist when he's spent a political career building up a reputation that he was anything but. Mr. Clinton does not forget. Plus he's a balanced budget type of guy and I cannot imagine him actually being on board with Obama's runaway train spending spree policies.

In any event Clinton has to tow the line enough to not invoke the wrath of the Democratic party and pay the political consequences (like Ted Kennedy did when he got blamed for going against Carter). He's looking forward to a post-Obama democratic party again and hoping for another Clinton to run in 2016. I believe he's got some real distaste for Obama and he's been jabbing at him here and there where he can. Clinton does not expect Obama to win in November and he wants to be on the fence enough to step into the power vacuum within the dem party when Obama falls hard.

Ask yourself where is Hillary during this campaign. She's awol. That is certainly no accident. The Obama - Clinton relationship is tenuous at best. Watch for it to be over come November if (when) Obama loses.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post

In any event Clinton has to tow the line enough to not invoke the wrath of the Democratic party and pay the political consequences
Why? He only drew 900 people in Racine.