Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:59 AM

Jewish Group Tells Trump To Stay Away From Pittsburgh: 'You Are Not Welcome'

Donny’s about as popular as Hitler to anyone with a sense of decency, morality and history.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jewis...043008739.html

Quote:
“President Trump, you are not welcome in Pittsburgh until you fully denounce white nationalism,” the leaders of the local chapter of Bend the Arc wrote, adding:

“For the past three years, your words and your policies have emboldened a growing white nationalist movement. You yourself called the murderer evil, but yesterday’s violence is the direct culmination of your influence.”
The group said Trump’s rhetoric had not only led to attacks on Jewish people, but also “deliberately undermined the safety of people of color, Muslims, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.”

The organization also demanded that Trump “stop targeting and endangering all minorities,” “cease your assault on immigrants and refugees” and “commit yourself to compassionate, democratic policies that recognize the dignity of all of us.”
Old 10-29-2018, 04:52 PM
Admin

'Let’s stop asking Trump for comfort after tragedies' WP

"Patti Davis is the author, most recently, of the novel “The Earth Breaks in Colors” and the daughter of Ronald and Nancy Reagan.

When I was writing my book “The Long Goodbye,” a memoir about losing my father to Alzheimer’s, I spoke with veteran reporter Harry Smith about my father’s legacy. Harry was my neighbor when I lived in New York, and I had become friends with him and his family.
“Your father had a shoulder big enough for us to cry on,” he said. “Think about how he comforted this country in the Challenger disaster.”
“We know of your anguish,” my father said in that speech. “We share it.”

Ronald Reagan has not been the only president to offer comfort and solace to a grieving nation. Bill Clinton did after Columbine. George W. Bush did after 9/11. Barack Obama did after Sandy Hook. Each spoke eloquently, with somber compassion and with reverence for the pain of the victims and the shock of a saddened country. Our grief was reflected in their eyes. We didn’t doubt that their hearts were breaking along with ours.

That was then. Now, after a week of fear, with pipe bombs being sent to a list of people whom President Trump has said horrible things about, and to CNN, which he consistently targets, 11 Jewish citizens were slaughtered in their place of worship on the Sabbath. Trump’s response? He joked that he almost canceled an event because, after having to speak to reporters about the shooting in the rain, he was having “a bad hair day.” Yes, I know, he first read what was scripted for him and called the act “evil.” But he has also called Democrats, others who oppose him and the news media evil. The word doesn’t hold much meaning coming from him." WP

continued here https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.2c97a584c2c5

I'm also reminded of the contrast of President Obama speaking at site of another mass murder of churchgoers in Charleston, S.C. by a white nationalist when he spontaneously started singing Amazing Grace.

Last edited by bobabode; 10-30-2018 at 01:43 AM.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:37 PM

Pittsburgh suspect echoed talking point that dominated Fox News airwaves

Of course. Propaganda is a powerful influencer of the ignorant and hateful. The hate spouters of Fox "News" need to be muzzled.

http://lite.cnn.io/en/article/h_734b...61d898dce8a6b9
Old 10-30-2018, 05:13 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Pittsburgh suspect echoed talking point that dominated Fox News airwaves

Of course. Propaganda is a powerful influencer of the ignorant and hateful. The hate spouters of Fox "News" need to be muzzled.

http://lite.cnn.io/en/article/h_734b...61d898dce8a6b9
But, but Trump is an "Israeli".
Old 10-30-2018, 05:21 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
But, but Trump is an "Israeli".
Can I ask you to please unpack that one, Don?
Old 10-31-2018, 01:54 PM