Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I would love to shoot the messenger. I hate his guts. He's little more than a sack of garbage to me. But, alas, I don't believe in using guns to solve problems. So, it isn't going to happen.

Dave
That's good! you shocked me at first, all I could think of is that guy that threatened Boehner.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
Do you not want to know how and what is written in the laws. Stop shooting the messenger because this is important and affects all of us.
What is most important in bullshit identification is exposure of hypocrite messengers like you. Weeding out hypocrisy is the first step in identifying what is important and what affects all of us and...definitely more than anything else.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:16 AM
Loyal Opposition

The article creates a dozen or so straw men. It does not fairly or accurately analyze the scope and intent of the law.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
The article creates a dozen or so straw men. It does not fairly or accurately analyze the scope and intent of the law.
Prove It
Old 06-04-2014, 12:31 AM
Area Man

If I really believed Cruz and his fellow Republicans would honor the apparently non-partisan way he wrote that article, I might show them some respect. But, I don't believe it for a second. So, Cruz can just.................

Dave
Old 06-04-2014, 12:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
If I really believed Cruz and his fellow Republicans would honor the apparently non-partisan way he wrote that article, I might show them some respect. But, I don't believe it for a second. So, Cruz can just.................

Dave
All you have to do is read the amendment to the Constitution of the United States yourself.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:42 AM
Banned

Cosponsors: S.J.Res.19 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)
http://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-.../19/cosponsors
Old 06-04-2014, 12:58 AM
Area Man

Okay, I've read it and think Cruz is more full of crap than ever. He used a whole lot of imagination in that alarmist article he wrote.

‘‘SECTION 3. Nothing in this article shall be construed to grant Congress the power to abridge the freedom of the press."

Besides, it requires a Constitutional Amendment. Not easy to get passed as it would have to go through a lot of states where they LOVE their big money donors.

Not going to happen.

Dave
Old 06-04-2014, 01:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Okay, I've read it and think Cruz is more full of crap than ever. He used a whole lot of imagination in that alarmist article he wrote.

‘‘SECTION 3. Nothing in this article shall be construed to grant Congress the power to abridge the freedom of the press."Yep and what about you?

Besides, it requires a Constitutional Amendment. Not easy to get passed as it would have to go through a lot of states where they LOVE their big money donors. about a 12% chance

Not going to happen.

Dave
Ok ok
Old 06-04-2014, 01:31 AM
Banned

S.J.Res. 19: A joint resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relating to contributions and expenditures...

...intended to affect elections.

113th CONGRESS
1st Session
S. J. RES. 19

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES

June 18, 2013
Mr. Udall of New Mexico (for himself, Mr. Bennet, Mr. Harkin, Mr. Schumer, Mrs. Shaheen, Mr. Whitehouse, Mr. Tester, Mrs. Boxer, Mr. Coons, Mr. King, Mr. Murphy, Mr. Wyden, Mr. Franken, Ms. Klobuchar, and Mr. Udall of Colorado) introduced the following joint resolution; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

JOINT RESOLUTION

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relating to contributions and expenditures intended to affect elections.

That the following article is proposed as an amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of the Constitution when ratified by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States:

Section 1. To advance the fundamental principle of political equality for all, and to protect the integrity of the legislative and electoral processes, Congress shall have power to regulate the raising and spending of money and in-kind equivalents with respect to Federal elections, including through setting limits on

(1) the amount of contributions to candidates for nomination for election to, or for election to, Federal office; and

(2) the amount of funds that may be spent by, in support of, or in opposition to such candidates.

Section 2. To advance the fundamental principle of political equality for all, and to protect the integrity of the legislative and electoral processes, each State shall have power to regulate the raising and spending of money and in-kind equivalents with respect to State elections, including through setting limits on—

(1) the amount of contributions to candidates for nomination for election to, or for election to, State office; and

(2) the amount of funds that may be spent by, in support of, or in opposition to such candidates.

Section 3. Nothing in this article shall be construed to grant Congress the power to abridge the freedom of the press.

Section 4. Congress and the States shall have power to implement and enforce this article by appropriate legislation.