Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:13 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
It sure does. I must admit it's had me confused for a while now.
What are you confused about?

I didn't say I was "confused" about anything. I said I find it intriguing....There is a difference.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:29 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
....mayhaps Nixon with his ping pong diplomacy had something? Personally anything comin' out of Nixon and his love of McCarthyism is tainted in my book.
Certainly those guys did more damage to respect for the office of the President than any who had come before or have since.
....and their party.

You know, for all of the conservative bluster coming from the GOP and Goldwater during the '64 election when the goopers finally got into the Whitehouse..........Nixon sure did take on one hell of a "Big Government" mantle, did he not? And he wasn't much for "transparency" either, it seems. Actually........you know.........there seems to be a pattern, if ya step back and take the long view. Watergate, OSHA, EPA, Iran-Contra...........DHS, TSA, Patriot Act, NCLB and all of the huge growth of government in both size and invasive powers.....and wasn't there a GOP majority in the House and the Senate as well as a Republican President for six years in the midst of that last bit?..........

What is it these guys claim to stand for again?
Old 05-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Resident octogenarian

To begin with, like most political ads, it starts with a lie. GM is not shrinking here at but is re-opening some plants.

Funny how everyone gets excited about Toyota, Honda and VW building plants here but gets pissed when we expand overseas. The GM cars sold here in NorAm are built in NorAm, that's good enough for me.

If they had wanted to bitch about summat try the banks, at least GM and Chryslerr will pay us back, more than can be said for those thieves on Wall Street.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Detroit made huge money on the trucks. I remember at one point Ford was clearing over 7 grand per Navigator! And because of CAFE they sold small cars at a net loss, so the wealthy or determined who bought the trucks were subsiding small cars.

I think China can be referred to as 'croney capitalism'.

Pete
Old 05-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Detroit made huge money on the trucks. I remember at one point Ford was clearing over 7 grand per Navigator! And because of CAFE they sold small cars at a net loss, so the wealthy or determined who bought the trucks were subsiding small cars.

Pete
Damn it! You mean when I bought my F250 with a 5.8l hog of a motor I subsidized some yuppie's purchase of a Mustang? Now I'm really pissed! I think I'll have to run one of those shits off an overpass next chance I git...

Last edited by bobabode; 05-07-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Admin

Quote:

Pete
The boney finger of tricky Dick stickin' it to us once more from the grave!
Why? Oh why couldn't he have kept his word, when he vainly cryed to the press, "You won't have Dick Nixon to kick around any more!!" Life would've been so much better for the world had he just slunk back to the Cali and stayed here.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:

Pete
Remember when the Chinamen were dirty sumbitches, stealing good jobs from America with slave labor, and selling us worthless junk?

Now they're as American as apple pie and Chevrolet.

Chas
Old 05-08-2012, 07:57 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Remember when the Chinamen were dirty sumbitches, stealing good jobs from America with slave labor, and selling us worthless junk?

Now they're as American as apple pie and Chevrolet.

Chas
I'm guessing they're both. To be a dirty sumbitch seeking slave labor and selling worthless junk to the masses is to be as American as Apple Pie and Chevrolet.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:33 PM

BlueStreak, Sorry to agree with you, , KIdding aside, but that appears to be the american ideal...buy it, it breaks, throw it away and get a new one...They are cheap right?
Old 06-17-2012, 01:15 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetaudio6 View Post
BlueStreak, Sorry to agree with you, , KIdding aside, but that appears to be the american ideal...buy it, it breaks, throw it away and get a new one...They are cheap right?
Naw I'm not falling for any such expressed apology. You may ascribe to a theory that the hand who buys a product built by slave labor is blameless and clean because it's cheap? I most certainly don't. Crass is my estimation of your personality.