We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:37 PM

Battle of Athens, anyone?

http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/athens.htm

Chas
Old 03-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Admin

Damn it, I had a whole three page diatribe on the Pelloponnesan fracas before I followed that link. nevermind

At least those boys cleaned those weapons before returning them to the arsenal. Eleanor Roosevelts letter was enjoyable, not to mention the Lincoln quote. Eastern Tennessee has never been a welcoming place for invaders, no matter what their stripes.

Cool history lesson, Charlie. Thanks
Old 03-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Admin

I did think you were messing with us regarding that website, only in E. Tennessee can you find hillbilly gun totin' zionists!
Old 03-17-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Damn it, I had a whole three page diatribe on the Pelloponnesan fracas before I followed that link. nevermind

At least those boys cleaned those weapons before returning them to the arsenal. Eleanor Roosevelts letter was enjoyable, not to mention the Lincoln quote. Eastern Tennessee has never been a welcoming place for invaders, no matter what their stripes.

Cool history lesson, Charlie. Thanks
Mitthead garnered some well deserved scorn for quoting the "Ballad of Davey Crockett" as opposed to "Rocky Top".

Reckon being a Federal Gubbintt asshole pointing out that Federal Gubbmitt assholes that go down to Tennessee don't always come back may not be the smartest political move one can make...especially while they're it Tennessee...but

I love "Rocky Top".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n9prNixjbg

Got it on a pristine copy of Franklin Mint heavy red vinyl.

It brings tears to my drunken Irish eyes...St. Pats day and all!!!

Chas
Old 03-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Admin

It's been a while since I've heard Rocky Top. Thanks. Amazing work on the banjo there. When I lived in Md. & Va. I attended a few bluegrass festivals, Wolftrap put on a festival every year. Good times. When people asked where are you from? I would always say that I was born and raised in the south, southern California, that is.
Always was made to feel welcome, except for that time we stopped for gas in Georgia, at least even those good old boys shot to miss when they found out we were from up north. We didn't slow down until we were halfway to Key West.
Stupid hitch hiker from New York went into the filling station and was talking trash while we were getting gas. Bubba came to the door with .45 in his hand and shot a couple rounds our way as we tore out of there. Fun times.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:20 AM
Area Man

Fascinating bit o' history, Chas. Thanks for sharing.

Dave
Old 03-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Awesome. 'borrowed keys' LOL!

Talk about ch'er rugged individualism.

Pete