Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
You wouldn't need stickers for those bullet holes if you drive that truck around here with an ACLU sticker on it. We like children... and not in the way the ACLU/NAMBLA does.
So, where would this be? Seems like everytime someone tells me, "Well, if you came around here with that........", it turns out to be some depressing, isolated, redneck wasteland I'd never care to visit anyways.

I was just wondering if this still holds true.

Dave
Old 04-11-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
So, where would this be? Seems like everytime someone tells me, "Well, if you came around here with that........", it turns out to be some depressing, isolated, redneck wasteland I'd never care to visit anyways.

Dave
What I'm wondering is if nobody wants to be here or visit here because we are a bunch of redneck lowlife god fearing depressing isolated goofballs who DO SAY PRAYER in SCHOOL.. then WHY do people who do Not Live near Here want to fuss about it and put a stop to it? The locals FULLY support it.. so what should it matter to folks that live elsewhere and have no dealings with this general area?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Area Man

What? Who cares?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Area Man

Okay, Dave, I'll spell it out for you.

If that school is recieving state or federal funds, WHICH IT MOST LIKELY IS, BECAUSE SORRY, PO-DUNK TOWNS USUALLY DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY OF THEIR OWN, this means that MY money is paying for YOUR kids education. And I don't want my money used to spread your religion.

If you and the other folks want to teach your kids religion, fine. Pray with them at home, take them to church on sunday, but keep it out of OUR school.

Got it?

Dave
Old 04-11-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Okay, Dave, I'll spell it out for you.

If that school is recieving state or federal funds, WHICH IT MOST LIKELY IS, BECAUSE SORRY, PO-DUNK TOWNS USUALLY DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY OF THEIR OWN, this means that MY money is paying for YOUR kids education. And I don't want my money used to spread your religion.

If you and the other folks want to teach your kids religion, fine. Pray with them at home, take them to church on sunday, but keep it out of OUR school.

Got it?

Dave
It's not just that, Dave. Even at after school ballgames on school ground. Your money doesn't apply after school. It's funded by the cumunity parents, pluss we pay through the gate. What about not being able bless your food before eating? Thats lunch time, teachers aren't being paid to teach that 20 minutes. Whats it hurting? Honestly, why are schools under the gun?
Old 04-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
You wouldn't need stickers for those bullet holes if you drive that truck around here with an ACLU sticker on it. We like children... and not in the way the ACLU/NAMBLA does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Respectfully, go fuck yourself.
I retract the respectfully part.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Admin

HillBilly, I don't have a problem with personal prayer anywhere. When it's done on school grounds as a collective prayer for the football team it goes over the line. This isn't a war on religion. It's the principal of respecting other folks beliefs & their religion. Therein lies my objection to having anyone advocating their theism over anyone elses in a public school or any at publicly funded institution.
The constitution wisely proscribes the establishment of religion at the expense of any other citizens beliefs. I just don't understand how anyone takes the objection as a war on their beliefs when it's the opposite of that. It's meant to safeguard the right to believe & worship and the right to not be subjected to pressure of the majority to follow beliefs that they either don't subscribe to or wish to keep private.
It's a simple rule meant to protect society from the conflicts that so often in the past that have led to oppression and outright persecution.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
I retract the respectfully part.
Why thank you for that. Your initial response was admittedly a bit confusing. Imagine a liberal showing respect for someone with a dissenting opinion. Maybe in bizzarro world.

I consider your greeting a compliment and wouldn't have it any other way because you know you're doing something very wrong when a ACLU card carrying liberal is trying to hold your hand and sing kumbayah with you (unless you're a prepubescent boy of course).
Old 04-12-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:

Dave

Your interest is touching. How about this. I'll pm you my address. You show up with beer... but wear kevlar just in case.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Area Man

Quote:
HillBilly, I don't have a problem with personal prayer anywhere. When it's done on school grounds as a collective prayer for the football team it goes over the line. This isn't a war on religion. It's the principal of respecting other folks beliefs & their religion. Therein lies my objection to having anyone advocating their theism over anyone elses in a public school or any at publicly funded institution.
The constitution wisely proscribes the establishment of religion at the expense of any other citizens beliefs. I just don't understand how anyone takes the objection as a war on their beliefs when it's the opposite of that. It's meant to safeguard the right to believe & worship and the right to not be subjected to pressure of the majority to follow beliefs that they either don't subscribe to or wish to keep private.
It's a simple rule meant to protect society from the conflicts that so often in the past that have led to oppression and outright persecution.
Well stated. I'm just sick of the fairytale people whining all of the time. "Ooooooo, they're attacking religion, they hate Jesus, we're so persecuted! Boo, hooo, hoo....."

Keep it on your own property, on your own time and in your own church/synagogue/mosque.

What is so hard to understand about that?

Dave