Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-15-2018, 03:24 PM

About Time

and long overdue.

California Democratic Party snubs Feinstein, endorses rival
Quote:
OAKLAND, Calif. — The California Democratic Party snubbed U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein on Saturday by handing its official endorsement and a badly needed boost to state Sen. Kevin de Leon, her longshot Democratic challenger.

In backing de Leon, a majority of the party’s 360-member executive board ignored Feinstein’s calls to stay neutral in the race. Her allies had warned an endorsement would create an intraparty squabble that could detract from important down-ballot races.

De Leon has long been courting party activists and appealed to those seeking a fresh face and a more progressive senator to fight against President Donald Trump.

“Today’s vote is a clear-eyed rejection of politics as usual in Washington, D.C.,” de Leon said in a statement after the vote. “We have presented Californians with the first real alternative to the worn-out Washington playbook in a quarter-century.”

A total of 217 delegates voted for de Leon, of Los Angeles, while 22 cast ballots for Feinstein and 94 voted for no endorsement.
Stay neutral in the race sounds very much like rigging of Hillary's nomination and asking everyone to stay out which they did, and guess what happened. 217 to 22 votes against Feinstein is a very loud message that I hope reverberates through the rest of the country. This country no longer needs the lifers like Schumer, Pelosi or Feinstein and others. They provide no energy, no hope and only manage to get the Dem voters to stay home.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.b2abc78496c2
Old 07-15-2018, 03:54 PM
Admin

Hate to break it to ya Raj but DiFi is going to be a US Senator for as long as she likes no matter what Kevin DeLeon and the far left think about it.
She's got my vote.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Hate to break it to ya Raj but DiFi is going to be a US Senator for as long as she likes no matter what Kevin DeLeon and the far left think about it.
She's got my vote.
Its old geezers like you who keep these relics in office, but then you already knew that.

I am sure DiFi will win, you will be happy and the Dem party will suffer through another election cycle and have another "what happened" moment.

'We win some but we lose them all' should be the new DParty slogan.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Its old geezers like you who keep these relics in office, but then you already knew that.
It's self-absorbed schmucks who would prefer to piss and moan about some bullshit rigged nomination process, not getting the candidate they want, or not getting the leadership they want, like a bunch of preadolescent middle schoolers...not getting exactly what they want, and not getting it right this fucking second.

The twenty Democratic US House candidates who recently demanded that Nancy Pelosi step aside would be well advised to STFU about anything unrelated to defeating their Republican opponents in November. Any alleged democrat voter who stays home and doesn't vote because of Nancy Pelosi is a more disgusting shitsack than a Trump voter.

The problem isn't Diane Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer. The problem is that the country is half full of assholes. White christian American assholes who have had all the advantages since the founding and still see themselves as poor victims of oppression are never going to accept anybody in government who wants to make sure that brown people or gay people or kike people get an even shake.

Oh Ike, we need new blood to inspire Republican voters to consider Democratic candidates. You really think any of these poor victimized, oppressed white Christian assholes who want their cultural dominance back are gonna be inspired by Bernie-ites who want a kike soci@list in the white house? Fucking really? The only thing that will inspire these people is more Trump and more Hannity. More racism, more sexism, more bigotry, and more brown babies locked up in cages. Republican voters aren't interested in new blood. Republicans love the relics they have...the gunners, the sexists, the bigots, the gaybashing relics that look like they just staggered off of the set of The Walking Dead. You fucking people think Republican voters are more likely to go for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez than for Mitch McConnell? Fuckiing really???

It's getting more and more difficult for me to figure out who I despise more...Trumpers or alleged progressives and Democrats who stayed home on 11/8/16 because they didn't get their goddamn soci@list candidate, or the candidate was the wrong gender, or the candidate was the wrong color. I've just had a gutfull of whiny motherfuckers who wont stop making this all about them and whatever TF is is they want this week. Support who you support in the primary process like so many of us do. If you get the candidate you want good for you. If you dont get the candidate you want or the house speaker you want of the fucking dogcatcher you want...just STFU about it, get off your dead ass and vote for the Democrat on the ballot.

Because those alleged progressives who didn't vote on 11/8/16 because they were miffed about some fucking thing or another, are just as responsible for what we have now as Trump voters. Maybe more responsible, depending on where they live.

Forget about getting rid of Diane Feinstein for christ's sake. This is not the time for petty fucking self-absorbed bullshit internal politics. This is the time to just STFU about anything besides the Trump criminal enterprise, and the co-conspiratorial Congressional Republicans...and get up off your dead ass and vote for anybody but a Republican.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 07-18-2018 at 07:56 AM.