Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:17 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I suppose I should spring for a good tubed pre, but it seems like every time I change one thing, I wind up changing a bunch of things.

I should probably just spend the $70 to get the plate amp repaired in my 10" Dayton MKIII sub. With the Hornshoppes and the Fostex super tweets, I loved it. The Klipsch Quartets I'm using are pretty good, and do a lot of things well, but they just don't have that "sweet" spot.

If only the damned plate amp would last for more than a year.

I also have the problem that I prewired my house for stereo components in my office and the speakers in the living room. And there is no easy way to change things around.

Chas
I have a dedicated power line running to a four plug outlet in the room I added on in 2006. All of the outlets in that room are grounded. The rest of the house, having been built in 1957, is two prong. Kind puts the kibosh on running modern gear anywhere but in the new addition.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:19 PM
Area Man

Confusion fosters fear and "uncertainty", Carl.

So, is it really all that surprising that in some states where Obamacare is loathe to the "leadership", that the fog of confusion would be deliberately perpetuated?

I pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. I always figured he was a coward, hiding behind a booming voice.

Dave
Old 09-25-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Confusion fosters fear and "uncertainty", Carl.

So, is it really all that surprising that in some states where Obamacare is loathe to the "leadership", that the fog of confusion would be deliberately perpetuated?

I pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. I always figured he was a coward, hiding behind a booming voice.

Dave
Incompetence also fosters uncertainty.

So, once again, does anyone actually know what is going on?

And concerning my insurance agent, in a previous life, he was Deputy Secretary of State of Missouri. And we were mean little kids together.

He's still dialed in, and he knows as much as anyone. And he won't bullshit me. We go back too far.

Chas
Old 09-25-2013, 11:03 PM
Area Man

Quote:

And concerning my insurance agent, in a previous life, he was Deputy Secretary of State of Missouri. And we were mean little kids together.

He's still dialed in, and he knows as much as anyone. And he won't bullshit me. We go back too far.

Chas
I made no comment directly regarding your insurance agent. I could not possibly know anything about him beyond what you told me.

Dave
Old 09-26-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
I made no comment directly regarding your insurance agent. I could not possibly know anything about him beyond what you told me.

Dave
Sorry, that was for Bob.

Chas
Old 09-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Sorry, that was for Bob.

Chas
Oh, okay. We good.

Dave
Old 09-26-2013, 06:45 AM
Area Man

Quote:

Chas
In your state, hell no. Nor do I care. Missouri is your problem. Here, it seems to be relatively quiet. My employer shares info as they obtain it, and as I said, so far it appears to be nothing to shit myself over.

So, what I'm gonna do about Obamacare is.................nothing.

Dave
Old 09-26-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
In your state, hell no. Nor do I care. Missouri is your problem. Here, it seems to be relatively quiet. My employer shares info as they obtain it, and as I said, so far it appears to be nothing to shit myself over.

So, what I'm gonna do about Obamacare is.................nothing.

Dave
That's pretty much what I'm doing.........nothing.

And my employees are doing the same thing. Although after I gave them their paperwork, they DID cuss a little before they threw it in the dumpster.

They don't have insurance, and they don't want insurance. They go to the doctor way more than I do, somebody always picks up the tab.

And you know who that somebody is.

Funny thing is, they don't have insurance and will go to the doctor for most anything....while I DO have insurance and sit here medicating myself with whiskey and Fish Mox.

Go figure.

Of course, if you want to sue me, you won't have to stand in line. And this turnip has a fair supply of blood.

Chas
Old 09-26-2013, 07:11 PM

Interesting, here in Ca. whether it is county, public or whatever, if you go and do not pay you still get billed. If you do not then pay, they send it to a collection agency to harass you and trash your credit rating before they write it off.

Carl
Old 09-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Area Man

Quote:

They don't have insurance, and they don't want insurance. They go to the doctor way more than I do, somebody always picks up the tab.

And you know who that somebody is.
Something I've never understood; I've gone without before, a couple of times. It drives me nuts and I worry constantly about getting injured or sick and having no way to pay.

But, I guess getting my chest split at 23 was a wake up call of sorts. "Young" means nothing when the tumor fairy comes to visit. Tumor Fairy don't give a shit how old you is or what you got to pay wit.

Dave