Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:37 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

The Republican candidate for governor of California paid a visit to a DMV on Wednesday and casually compared standing in line at the notoriously sedate agency to surviving the Holocaust, Capital Public Radio reported.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...wait-holocaust
Old 08-16-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The Republican candidate for governor of California paid a visit to a DMV on Wednesday and casually compared standing in line at the notoriously sedate agency to surviving the Holocaust, Capital Public Radio reported.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...wait-holocaust
This moron seems blissfully unaware that you can make appointments online at the CA DMV website, and have zero wait time when you arrive. Most transactions, like the annual registration renewal, are done entirely online. It’s completely painless, extremely efficient. He’s either utterly clueless, or, more likely, disingenuous.

Thankfully, the likelihood of a Repube governor in CA these days is zero.

Last edited by Chicks; 08-16-2018 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:34 AM

^^Use a computer, navigate the internet, fill out a form online to make an appointment.
Isn't that asking too much of Republicans who have more in common with the Taliban?
Old 08-17-2018, 05:49 PM

GOP fundraiser Broidy under investigation for alleged effort to sell government influence

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...721_story.html

The Justice Department is investigating whether longtime Republican fundraiser Elliott Broidy sought to sell his influence with the Trump administration by offering to deliver U.S. government actions for foreign officials in exchange for tens of millions of dollars, according to three people familiar with the probe.

As part of the investigation, prosecutors are scrutinizing a plan that Broidy allegedly developed to try to persuade the Trump government to extradite a Chinese dissident back to his home country, a move sought by Chinese President Xi Jinping, according to two of the people.

They are also investigating claims that Broidy sought $75 million from a Malaysian business official if the Justice Department ended its investigation of a development fund run by the Malaysian government. The Malaysian probe has examined the role of the former prime minister in the embezzlement of billions of dollars from the fund.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:28 PM
Admin

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
· 10h

The failing @nytimes wrote a Fake piece today implying that because White House Councel Don McGahn was giving hours of testimony to the Special Councel, he must be a John Dean type “RAT.” But I allowed him and all others to testify - I didn’t have to. I have nothing to hide......

John Dean

@JohnWDean

@realDonaldTrump (I still have trouble using the title Mr. President for someone installed by Putin), I doubt you have ANY IDEA what McGahn has told Mueller. Also, Nixon knew I was meeting with prosecutors, b/c I told him. However, he didn’t think I would tell them the truth!
8:23 AM - Aug 19, 2018

Wow!
Old 08-19-2018, 05:34 PM
Admin

"Retired U.S. Army Lieutenant Colonel Ralph Peters, a former Fox News analyst, on Sunday suggested that his one-time colleagues at the conservative network are “prostitutes” for allowing President Donald Trump to set their agenda.

During an interview on CNN’s Reliable Sources, Peters lamented that Trump has created an “enemies list” of former intelligence officials, who could have their security clearances revoked.

“He is not interested in understanding our government,” Peters explained. “He believes the Constitution is a menu from which he can choose only the most electable items.”

“The evil twin of that, I believe as a former Russia analyst for most of my career… I’m convinced that the president of the United States is enthralled to Vladimir Putin,” the retired officer continued. “There’s no other way to explain his behavior. And he perfectly fits the profile of the kind of people the Russians target.”"

video here https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/ex-...y-prostitutes/
Old 08-20-2018, 05:12 PM

Trump's favorite whipping boy Jeff Sessions also his most dangerous cabinet member
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...-he-ncna901821

Last edited by Pio1980; 08-20-2018 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:25 PM

Former Fox analyst Ralph Peters: Fox viewers have 'utterly skewed view of reality'

Kinda like our boy Whell. Utterly skewed.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/08/20/med...ews/index.html

Ralph Peters: 'Fox isn't immoral, it's amoral'

Many people believe, as Ralph Peters does, that President Trump was a "gift to Fox," and "Fox in turn is a gift to Trump."

The difference is that Peters worked at Fox News for years.

Peters, a retired US Army lieutenant colonel, was a Fox military analyst until March, when he resigned and burned the proverbial bridge. In a letter to his colleagues, he accused Fox of "assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law."

Peters' statements shocked the TV news industry at the time.

On CNN's "Reliable Sources" on Sunday, he had more to say. "People that only listen to Fox have an utterly skewed view of reality," he said. He described the relationship between the president and his favored news network as a "closed loop," but that was hardly Peters' most strident critique of his former employer.

"Fox isn't immoral, it's amoral," he said. Later in the interview, when Reliable Sources aired clips that show Fox News hosts defending Trump's decision to strip former CIA director John Brennan's security clearance, Peters was asked if he thought his colleagues at Fox are "proud of their performance."

"The polite word is 'prostitutes,' so I'll just leave it at that," Peters fired back.

Peters garnered attention on Sunday for his stunning denunciation of Trump.

"Trump gives us something new to worry about virtually every day, but it's important not to lose sight of the overall picture," Peters said. "This is a distinctly un-American president who really doesn't seem to like America very much, certainly doesn't respect it. And he's a president who appears to be enthralled to a foreign power, a hostile foreign power."

That foreign power is Russia. Peters, who was a Russia analyst earlier in his career, has previously said he believes that Vladimir Putin "has a grip on President Trump."

On "Reliable Sources," he said he was speaking out because he believes Trump and his aides are a "real threat to our republic."

"What we need is people who will speak honestly and say what they believe and not worry about who it offends," Peters said. "I'm just sick and tired of people hedging and hemming and hawing. This is a president of the United States who is a danger to the republic."

Peters was harshly critical of former President Barack Obama during his tenure at Fox.

He once called Obama a "total p***y" on the air -- and was suspended for two weeks.

But his criticism of Trump is different. He said on Sunday that Trump "does not respect our system of government," does not understand it, and does not respect the Constitution.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:42 AM

Musicians Ben Folds, Jason Isbell are ‘unhinged, angry left,’ Republicans say

Laughable! I mean, just how wacko are Whell and his fellow cultists?

Anyone else remember Ben Fold’s thread on AK?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...f07_story.html

In their bid to keep control of the Senate this November, Republicans are setting their sights on a pair of unlikely foes: singer-songwriter Ben Folds and country rocker Jason Isbell.

The musicians are set to headline a rally Monday night for former Tennesse governor Phil Bredesen (D), who is facing off against Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R) in one of the country’s most closely watched Senate races.

On Monday afternoon, the National Republican Senatorial Committee sent out a tweet about the rally claiming that Bredesen is “part of the unhinged, angry left and supports people who vehemently oppose President Trump.”
Old 08-21-2018, 10:50 AM

Ben Folds is a silent AK member.

Last edited by Pio1980; 08-21-2018 at 11:28 AM.