Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
Is no one bothered by the fact that Law Enforcement did nothing to stop vandalism?
I'm assuming a judgement call was made on this, also possibly just indecision.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:09 PM

Idiots are planning at least nine more rallies this weekend.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/15/us/whi...rnd/index.html
Old 08-15-2017, 01:09 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Is no one bothered by the fact that Law Enforcement did nothing to stop vandalism?
I find it hard to criticize police who were unwilling to going in with guns blazing against a bunch of heavily armed neo-Nazis. There weren't many significant injuries until the neo-Nazi chose to drive his car into a crowd of peaceful counter-protestors.

The city of Charlottesville had planned to issue a permit for a larger park away from the city center, but neo-Nazis (in concert with the ACLU, of all things) took it to court to enable them to bring their hatred into crowded downtown Charlottesville.

Trying to shift blame away from neo-Nazis ain't a particularly noble endeavor, JJ.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:13 PM

What was a freedom of speech call inevitably deteriorated into what occurred. No doubt this will affect permitting such gatherings there and elsewhere.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I so sorry for defaming your peace-loving neo-Nazis. I already said several times that i think it would be better if we just ignored these neo-Nazis. But there are a lot of people whose racial and ethnic backgrounds make the fact that these cretins have been reinvigorated by your Dear Leader and his White House staff very unsettling.

Again, do you find Nazis and anti-Nazis to be morally equivalent?
This isn't about "moral equivalence"? Its about the actions of the protesters and counter-protesters in Charlottesville. Both sides espoused their own versions of hate / lawlessness / anarchy / whatever, and they acted on it. The result was violence and death.

And you can take this "your" shit and shove it. Its getting old and demonstrates that vapidity of your arguments.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Trying to shift blame away from neo-Nazis ain't a particularly noble endeavor, JJ.
This is where you're way off. Pointing out that both sides are responsible for the violence on Saturday isn't "shifting the blame".
Old 08-15-2017, 01:41 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
This isn't about "moral equivalence"? Its about the actions of the protesters and counter-protesters in Charlottesville. Both sides espoused their own versions of hate / lawlessness / anarchy / whatever, and they acted on it. The result was violence and death.

And you can take this "your" shit and shove it. Its getting old and demonstrates that vapidity of your arguments.
Last time I checked it was a neo-Nazi Trump fanboy who murdered that girl and caused most of the serious injuries, not the anti-Nazi protesters. The neo-Nazis deliberately provoked and intimidated Charlottesville with their Nazi outfits, firearms, clubs, Nazi flags, shields, etc. after the Charlottesville City Council used their democratically-elected authority to remove the statue.

Had these Nazi miscreants chosen to accept the decision handed down by the City Council and stayed home and read Breitbart, The Daily Stormer, and their Dear Leader's tweets, nothing would have happened in Charlottesville. This is on them.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:43 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
This is where you're way off. Pointing out that both sides are responsible for the violence on Saturday isn't "shifting the blame".
It was a neo-Nazi Trump fanboy responsible for the murder and most of the injuries after his fellow travelers decided to show up heavily armed in Charlottesville to protest a decision made legally by the City Council. It's on them.

I hope you enjoy this video of more of your fellow Trump fanboys beating the living shit out of an innocent, unarmed counter-protestor resulting in a head full of staples to stitch him back together.
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...813-story.html

Your "everybody is equally guilty" rationale is the moral equivalent of blaming the Nazis and Jews equally for the 13,000 deaths in the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising.

Last edited by finnbow; 08-15-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:26 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
I should clarify, I was speaking of the incident in Durham, N.C.

Back to regular programming.

Old 08-15-2017, 02:32 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I should clarify, I was speaking of the incident in Durham, N.C.

Back to regular programming.

Durham, N.C. — Durham County Sheriff Mike Andrews said Tuesday that his deputies have identified some of the people responsible for pulling down a Confederate statue in front of the old county courthouse on Monday night and plan to pursue felony charges against them.

"Let me be clear, no one is getting away with what happened. We will find the people responsible," Andrews said during an afternoon news conference. "We can all agree yesterday went too far. Yesterday was not the Durham that I know."

Protesters gathered near the former courthouse around the Confederate Soldiers Monument, which they called a symbol of oppression and racism. Several people used a ladder to reach the top of statue, which had been sprayed with cooking oil by authorities to make it more difficult to climb, wrapped a strap around it and pulled it down.

Andrews called the protesters' actions "a blatant violation of the law," but he said no one was arrested during the demonstration because officials worried about injuries in the resulting chaos.

"Don't mistake restraint for inaction," he said. "Had I ordered my deputies to engage a hostile crowd, there would have been serious injuries. Statues can be replaced; lives cannot."

http://www.wral.com/durham-sheriff-t...lism/16881777/

This seems to have been the same approach taken by police in Charlottesville.