Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Ayup.

I'll take the lefty LA Times over the Wall St Urinal any day of the week Mike.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fiw-wall-street-20140430,0,2955973.story#axzz30OuB2ixG

I guess the shitty winter was all Obama's fault. They must've been seeding the clouds or some such nonsense...

"THE ECONOMY: The U.S. economy slowed in the first three months of the year as winter storms chilled business activity. The sharp slowdown, while worse than expected, is likely to be temporary as growth rebounds with warmer temperatures. The Commerce Department says growth slowed to a barely discernible 0.1 percent annual rate in the January-March quarter, the weakest since the end of 2012 and down from a 2.6 percent growth rate in the October-December quarter. Economists had forecast growth of 1.1 percent, according to FactSet."
LATimes
Well, as usual, the LA (Behind the) Times got it half right.

The U.S. economy slowed dramatically in the first quarter of 2014, as severe winter weather across much of the country depressed business investment and home construction.

The economy’s meager 0.1% GDP growth in January, February and March represented the slowest three-month growth in the economy since the end of 2012, and a sharp deceleration from growth in the second half of 2013, when the economy grew at a 3.4% rate.

The data reported by the Commerce Department early Wednesday fell far short of the expectations of Wall Street economists, who had predicted a 1.2 percent rate of growth this quarter, the New York Times reports.

So economists were already expecting the data to be crappy because of the weather, but it was even crappier than they expected.

http://time.com/82434/gdp-economy-first-quarter-2014/

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/01/bu...r.html?hp&_r=0
Old 04-30-2014, 04:33 PM
Admin

You need to get your prescription checked bro. Oh, that's right...you can't see past quarterly reports.
Not that it's anything to crow about but the Dow went into uncharted territory today.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:42 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
You need to get your prescription checked bro. Oh, that's right...you can't see past quarterly reports.
Not that it's anything to crow about but the Dow went into uncharted territory today.
All things considered (e.g., Congressional incompetence), the economy is actually doing reasonably well and likely to get better. I continue to invest and travel. Life is good.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:58 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
All things considered (e.g., Congressional incompetence), the economy is actually doing reasonably well and likely to get better. I continue to invest and travel. Life is good.
Indeed, we haven't cashed in and run for the hills like the tinfoil hat wearin', jibber jabberering gold bugs keep advocating .
I'm always wondering why these weak sisters seem to hate their own country. I don't get it...it strikes me as a little sociopathic.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Indeed, we haven't cashed in and run for the hills like the tinfoil hat wearin', jibber jabberering gold bugs keep advocating .
I'm always wondering why these weak sisters seem to hate their own country. I don't get it...it strikes me as a little sociopathic.
Pretty ill-informed I would say.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Dandy. In the next couple of days in will likely back off as profit-takers step in.

Do you make your investment decisions based on a single day's stock market performance too?
Old 04-30-2014, 06:04 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Dandy. In the next couple of days in will likely back off as profit-takers step in.

Do you make your investment decisions based on a single day's stock market performance too?
Big effin' woo, Mike. Sounds like your ass is chafing over the antics down on Wall St. You better not let your masters of the universe hear you talking smack about vulture capitalists, they'll give you a good jolt through that collar you're a'wearin'.

Do you actually have anything to contribute beyond snarky and juvenile comments? You're starting to sound like the 'Eunuch' ZeroJunk. Hmmmm, maybe I oughta follow his investment advice for "bottom feeding' liberals and buy me a Lotto ticket?
Old 04-30-2014, 06:22 PM
Banned

Quote:

Bobby Boo Boo is so out of touch. He should know what happens to the markets every time the Fed Chair speaks.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:30 PM
Banned

Bobby Boo Boo look at the algorithms that happened in gold today. If you notice people where selling in anticipation of the Fed news. What really happened was like a pinball and a wasted day. All that action to just level back out.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:27 PM
Banned

Quote:

No. But it is nice to see you're worth 4 large more than you were yesterday.

BTW - suggesting that you know what's going to happen to the DOW in a couple of days is a fool's game. And anybody who suggests something like that doesn't know jack shit about it and is blowing smoke out their ass.