Old 11-12-2013, 02:09 PM

What do you think about this?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/08/us/nfl-dolphins-bullying/

Locker room banter or bullying?
Old 11-12-2013, 02:20 PM

Perception is the reality.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Resident octogenarian

We don't watch pro sports, they are more business than sport so nothing aboit them surprises me.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:53 PM

It is a hard thing to figure out. Especially when championships and the money are what is important in the modern day NFL and the best way to accomplish that is to have a team that plays together and does not make any mistakes.
Better the Dolphins than my favorite team.

Carl
Old 11-12-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
We don't watch pro sports, they are more business than sport so nothing aboit them surprises me.
We don't watch them at my house either. So much ado about a game....
Old 11-12-2013, 03:47 PM

I just can't get behind the idea that a 300 lb NFL offensive lineman can be bullied....and if he can, then it was probably a wasted draft pick.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Area Man

Can someone answer something for me?

Martins "toughness" has been questioned. Why? How does standing up to bullies and demanding it stop make one less tough than someone who just keeps his head down and tolerates the abuse? This has never made any sense to me. You're a wimp if you fight back?

Dave
Old 11-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I just can't get behind the idea that a 300 lb NFL offensive lineman can be bullied....and if he can, then it was probably a wasted draft pick.
It's an NFL team. They're ALL 300 pound beasts, Mike.

Dave
Old 11-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
300 lbs makes one a psychological superman? A football player is a human being with the same social needs and vulnerabilities as anyone else. Bullies know how to get to people, and gain sadistic satisfaction from doing it, which is why it goes on and on. And you stand with the sadist?

The empathy failure that blames the victims in bullying cases just compounds the damage. It's of a piece with the conservative willingness to blame the victim in rape cases, and turn a deaf ear to complaints of racial and sexual harassment. There is a side of conservatism that seems to consistently defend pushing people around--that seems indeed to want to do it.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:08 PM
Koch-Teapublican

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
300 lbs makes one a psychological superman? A football player is a human being with the same social needs and vulnerabilities as anyone else. Bullies know how to get to people, and gain sadistic satisfaction from doing it, which is why it goes on and on. And you stand with the sadist?

The empathy failure that blames the victims in bullying cases just compounds the damage. It's of a piece with the conservative willingness to blame the victim in rape cases, and turn a deaf ear to complaints of racial and sexual harassment. There is a side of conservatism that seems to consistently defend pushing people around--that seems indeed to want to do it.
Personal I would hold off on judgement till you hear both sides of the story, Jonathan Martin could be just as much at fault.

Did you at least see the interview with Richie Incognito over the weekend? or are arguing something without knowing the facts.

Of course you are, you're a liberal

Last edited by JBS...; 11-13-2013 at 06:11 AM.