Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:45 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryford View Post
This is what it looked like when we bought the house in 2008. The first picture is from 2012. Still looks the same, except that the bushes are a bit bigger now.

Now that looks more like my lawn, complete with the place the dog likes to piss.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Wow you did a very nice job on the house!! I know it must have been quit hot working so much on the outside. Looking at this picture everything looks great but have you considered shutters painted the trim color? Sorry Im in the trades so I critique design and look to possibilities. Just a thought to reduce the mass of brickwork and to bring in more detail and trim color. And or another though could be, a 2' hight of sandstone around the bottom. Sorry I'm trying to spend your money but it looks like you guy's enjoy working on your house. You have already did some great work and your neighbors must love you.
I'm not a big fan of shutters, and a big HELL NO to the sandstone covering the brick. I love the brick. About the only thing we are going to do is get metal awnings for the windows and have the painted in the same color as the trim. For the four windows on the side of the house and the two large ones on the front, it is about $1000 to $1500 for the awnings.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:51 AM
Banned

The back yard has that 50s look! Do you have that in the interior as well?
Old 05-14-2014, 09:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of shutters, and a big HELL NO to the sandstone covering the brick. I love the brick. About the only thing we are going to do is get metal awnings for the windows and have the painted in the same color as the trim. For the four windows on the side of the house and the two large ones on the front, it is about $1000 to $1500 for the awnings.
I was going to mention awnings also over the shutters they will bring a quaintness and keep the house cooler.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
The back yard has that 50s look! Do you have that in the interior as well?
Yes. The appliances in the kitchen are vintage as well. (1941 O'Keefe and Meritt gas stove, 1949 Hotpoint fridge, 1955 Hotpoint dishwasher, 1958 G.E. wall oven, 1963 Lady Kenmore washer and dryer.)
Old 05-14-2014, 10:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Yes. The appliances in the kitchen are vintage as well. (1941 O'Keefe and Meritt gas stove, 1949 Hotpoint fridge, 1955 Hotpoint dishwasher, 1958 G.E. wall oven, 1963 Lady Kenmore washer and dryer.)
Very cool and the house looks to be built late 50s as well. I like when people go with the feel of the actual house instead of trying to make it too modern.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Very cool and the house looks to be built late 50s as well.
The house was built in 49. The neighborhood was built by the same builder in 48 to 54. Total of about 930 houses. The largest post WWII subdivision in Phoenix.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Mutated Member

This is a very nice "Countryford's home story" thread! I really like it, thank you!
Old 05-14-2014, 12:49 PM
Admin

Quote:
First off, I want to apologize for hijacking this thread.

My partner and I did the majority of the work. He worked in construction so knew what to do. The roof we did hire someone to do that(his brother).

No apology needed, I for one like the way it's turning out. Love the brick pattern and what you two have done with the place.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I like the idea of vintage appliances in the kitchen, do you have a pic?

Pete