Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
To me, it means you're willing to converse on a variety of subjects, offer a perspective which may times doesn't correspond directly with mine, generally present your argument from the viewpoint of a casual observer as opposed to a partisan, and seldom get a case of the ass. As for not being partisan, I've gotten to the point that I have little respect for ideologues in that I only agree with about 40% of either party's platform.

That's a compliment in "Missouri talk". Now don't get the big head, because you still tend to exhibit traits known as around here as "a smart ass".

BTW, I've caught some nice fish out of farm ponds, but the thoughts of crawling through a chigger invested weed patch to get to them no longer holds much appeal for me.

Fishing ain't about catching fish, as far as I'm concerned. It's just something to keep you occupied while you're enjoying life. And getting eat alive by chiggers ain't my idea of enjoying life.

Chas
Thanks, Chas. That's some high praise from our resident Will Rogers. As for being a smart ass, I suppose that's how I roll when talking with guys I consider friends.

For the most part, farm ponds around here aren't all that grown in. OTOH, I live in the epicenter of Lyme Disease and have had it twice and any venture into the weedy outdoors brings with it the chance of catching this shitty ailment. In fact, I'm taking Doxycycline right now for my latest bout with this disease. I think I caught it in time (I still had the dreaded bullseye rash when I started antibiotics). Hopefully, I nipped it in the bud.

Last edited by finnbow; 04-26-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Free advice is worth exactly what it costs.

Chas
Chas,
I could read all kinds of things into that.
What are you saying?
Old 04-27-2012, 08:02 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Free advice is worth exactly what it costs.

Chas
:banana:

Pete
Old 04-27-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
Chas,
I could read all kinds of things into that.
What are you saying?
Nothing really.

Chas
Old 04-27-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Thanks, Chas. That's some high praise from our resident Will Rogers. As for being a smart ass, I suppose that's how I roll when talking with guys I consider friends.

For the most part, farm ponds around here aren't all that grown in. OTOH, I live in the epicenter of Lyme Disease and have had it twice and any venture into the weedy outdoors brings with it the chance of catching this shitty ailment. In fact, I'm taking Doxycycline right now for my latest bout with this disease. I think I caught it in time (I still had the dreaded bullseye rash when I started antibiotics). Hopefully, I nipped it in the bud.
Never had that particular affliction. Don't you wind up with a low grade fever and just basically feel like shit all of the time?

Chas
Old 04-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Never had that particular affliction. Don't you wind up with a low grade fever and just basically feel like shit all of the time?

Chas
That's the start of it. Then it goes to your joints. Then it crosses the blood/brain barrier and really starts phucking with you, giving symptoms that are frequently misdiagnosed as any number of psychological/neurological conditions. That's when the real fun starts.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Nothing really.

Chas
quit screwing with my head already, it hurts.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
quit screwing with my head already, it hurts.
Lay off of the Nuvigil and switch to Valium.

It all goes away, for a little while. Then it all comes back and plays it trump card in spades.

I know.

Chas
Old 04-27-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
That's the start of it. Then it goes to your joints. Then it crosses the blood/brain barrier and really starts phucking with you, giving symptoms that are frequently misdiagnosed as any number of psychological/neurological conditions. That's when the real fun starts.
My doctor came down with it, and he says the same thing.

Chas
Old 04-28-2012, 06:55 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
My doctor came down with it, and he says the same thing.

Chas
It's sometimes called "the great imitator" because it can mimic nearly 300 other ailments. This makes it extremely difficult to diagnose if you don't display the tell-tale bulls-eye rash.