Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:41 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Iirc there wasn't a lot of cohesion in the 70s among Lutherans. There was certainly nothing unusual about the church - my pastor for the longest time was Omar Stuenkel, again iirc he was something of a mover and shaker in the church overall, perhaps you've heard of him.

Pete
He does seem to have been somebody. Didn't know him, but did a quick Google and this is a thing I found from 1967: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...=3804%2C979886

So at this time he's on the Synod staff in St. Louis, and editing the Lutheran Witness, and flying off to Norwalk Conn. to be a guest preacher. One gleans the definite idea of 'mover and shaker' just from this brief item. (He certainly had a 'mover and shaker' way with the press at any rate.) What were your impressions of him?
Old 10-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Area Man

The further this nonsense drags out, the more convinced I am that the likes of Palin, Bachmann and Cruz are trying to instigate something beyond civil disobedience. I think they're after self-fulfilling prophecy in regards to all of the fearmongering regarding tanks in the streets, FEMA camps, etc.

Of course, only time will tell.

Dave
Old 10-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

He was a super nice guy, easy to talk to, very intelligent with a touch of humor - he played us Crosbys' Noah in confirmation class. His sermons weren't too long

Pete
Old 10-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
He was a super nice guy, easy to talk to, very intelligent with a touch of humor - he played us Crosbys' Noah in confirmation class. His sermons weren't too long

Pete

A credit to the faith, then.

Actually, I'm sure he was the sort of guy who's great to know in any context.