Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-22-2016, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I can't believe people have sort of forgotten that. I think it is assumed he would never get the votes of the those hurt by the shutdown anyway so no one talks about it much but of course if he was picked as the nominee it would be a major issue against him.

I hate it when he calls the DC the "Washington Cartel" to me that is unpatriotic and anti-American.
I hate it when he says anything. He's like one big fingernail and the world is a chalk board. What a disgusting excuse for a human being!
Old 01-22-2016, 05:23 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Mike Hiltzik of the LA Times is a good egg and spot on as usual.

Thanks.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:24 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I hate it when he says anything. He's like one big fingernail and the world is a chalk board. What a disgusting excuse for a human being!
When he smiles it looks like he just passed a kidney stone or a possum who just raided the henhouse for some eggs.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:29 PM
Admin

Speaking of 'Tailgunner' Ted. The Post has a story up how he made $100,000 with a $6,000 investment through his old college buddy. Nice work if you can get it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...mepage%2Fstory
Old 01-23-2016, 12:40 PM
Persona non grata

Ted Cruz Finds Out He Has Health Insurance After All

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ted-cr...050039990.html

Quote:
One day after Ted Cruz told college students in New Hampshire that he had no health insurance because President Barack Obama's health care law caused the cancellation of his coverage, the Republican presidential candidate's campaign walked back that assertion late Friday.

Contrary to what Cruz, a top contender for the GOP nomination, said on Thursday—"I don't have health care right now"—it turns out the U.S. senator from Texas and his family appear to be insured after all.

more
Old 01-23-2016, 12:42 PM
Ready

Pants long gone. Ass on fire.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:57 PM

A lying piece of shit.

Quote:
"On December 31, Blue Cross cancelled the PPO health insurance policy covering the Cruz family. That plan was purchased on the individual market, using a private insurance broker, with no government funds. At the time, the broker informed Sen. Cruz that the plan was being cancelled. The broker did not inform him that Blue Cross had automatically enrolled the family in another policy, an HMO with far more limited coverage. Based on this information, Sen. Cruz believed the family was uninsured and asked the broker to pull quotes immediately for a new policy.
His "broker" would have been informed long before the Dec. 31 (probably more like Jan. 1) cancellation date. For that matter, I'm pretty sure that Cruz would have been informed by BC/BS directly. So the quotes Cruz supposedly requested would also have been in his hands long before the cancellation date, giving him the opportunity to pick a replacement plan before the old one was cancelled.

Of course, none of this happened. Cruz simply (knowingly) allowed the automatic enrollment in a "far more limited" plan to to proceed.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:25 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
A lying piece of shit.

His "broker" would have been informed long before the Dec. 31 (probably more like Jan. 1) cancellation date. For that matter, I'm pretty sure that Cruz would have been informed by BC/BS directly. So the quotes Cruz supposedly requested would also have been in his hands long before the cancellation date, giving him the opportunity to pick a replacement plan before the old one was cancelled.

Of course, none of this happened. Cruz simply (knowingly) allowed the automatic enrollment in a "far more limited" plan to to proceed.
BCBS sent him a letter in July.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:47 PM

Think this guy Cruz is becoming a much bigger liability for the GOP than $ara Palin. The party had set a very low bar for her but Cruz, he is incendiary and tags like 'evil', 'mean' and 'no one likes him' are going to be reinforced over and over.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:07 PM

If you thought it was impossible for a Jeb Jump The Shark moment....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0d8cc109a6324