Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:34 AM

Interesting thought about war against China. All came down to where it was fought. The US would have no worries about invasion. A war at sea, as long as it was a fair distance from the Chinese coast, and out of range of their carrier killer missles, and it's US all the way.
Now, if it was somewhere close to the Chinese mainland, let's say Korea II, then the odds would be against us, superior technology or not. Actually, I think we'd have about a chinamans chance of winning that.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:40 AM

I think no one is more surprised the HC at being the front runner right now. My thoughts are he was in it just for the publicity and a TV spot on FOX. But now is running with it for all he can get.

With all the money being spent in the run up to and the election after that. Just seems like a total waist of potential. But then again who in their right mind would want the headache of the problems ahead!

Barney
Old 11-03-2011, 07:29 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Defend this:

Herman Cain incorrectly suggests China doesn't have nuclear capability.

Seems to me that the GOP likes 'em dumb. But this dumb?
The repugs always produce the dumb candidates, but this guy is awful!
I guess he needs to team up with Sarah Palin.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:32 AM
Resident octogenarian

It appears that more harassment claims are coming out, even one from a 3rd party witness, curiouser aand curiouser.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:20 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I never saw him as a serious contender.

Pete
Old 11-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Reconcile these 2 Cain statements:

- 4-5 days ago, Cain says he has never been accused of sexual harassment and knew nothing of any settlement by the NRA.

- Last night, he accuses a member of Perry's campaign staff who worked on Cain's unsuccessful Senate bid of leaking info on the sexual harassment allegations and settlement that Cain briefed him on back during his Senate campaign.

So Cain briefed this fellow last year on sexual harassment allegations and a settlement that just last week he knew nothing about?

I suppose it makes sense to a Cain supporter.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Defend this:

Herman Cain incorrectly suggests China doesn't have nuclear capability.

Seems to me that the GOP likes 'em dumb. But this dumb?
I didn't take it to mean that China has no nuclear weapons, but rather that they seek to further develop their weapons and weapons systems. That is indeed true and is exactly what China wants to do. He's not that dumb, naive perhaps, but not dumb.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
I didn't take it to mean that China has no nuclear weapons, but rather that they seek to further develop their weapons and weapons systems. That is indeed true and is exactly what China wants to do. He's not that dumb, naive perhaps, but not dumb.
... and what are his thoughts on the political situation in Uzbek-beki-beki-stan-stan?

I suppose he deserves some credit for running the 9th biggest pizza chain in the nation.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:20 AM

Quote:
... and what are his thoughts on the political situation in Uzbek-beki-beki-stan-stan?

I suppose he deserves some credit for running the 9th biggest pizza chain in the nation.
That is a list ranking by the number of stores in the chain. If you had a list by taste of the pizza Godfathers would be...well, not on the list.

I heard the interview with Cain and when he said, "They've indicated that they're trying to develop nuclear capability and they want to develop more aircraft carriers like we have. So yes, we have to consider them a military threat. I thought to myself, "this idiot does not know that China has had nuke capability for years". He is right about the carriers. I guess he thought they will be diesel powered.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:26 AM
Area Man

I am not a fair man. I wouldn't care if Cain gets burned whether he actually did anything wrong or not. As far as I'm concern he needs to just put the little sign back on top his car and deliver me a pizza. If the friggin' things late or cold,------no tip for Herman. We do live in a free market society wherein the customer gets to decide what the service is worth, right?

Dave