Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
I guess someone has to shovel the horse shit out of here.
Gonna need a front end loader.

Chas
Old 10-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I understand the police have recovered the weapon.

Attachment 1035

Chas
Must have been a union thug in the crowd who did it.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
I understand the police have recovered the weapon.

Attachment 1035

Chas

You really nailed that one, Chas.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-23-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
You really nailed that one, Chas.

Regards,

D-Ray
Try the veal...Don't forget to tip the waitress.....geeesh
Old 10-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
Try the veal...Don't forget to tip the waitress.....geeesh
I'll be here all week.

Regards,

D-ray
Old 10-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Resident octogenarian

You are right Chas, a front end loader it is.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Sit in your lawn chair and build a fence LOL!

Pete
Old 10-24-2011, 02:26 PM

I have a Paslode framing nail gun. Believe me I have tried just about everything with it to see If I could shoot someone with it like they do in the movies. It is almost impossible to to penetrate anything unless you shoot the nail gun at something no more than a few inches away. The nails tumble in flight and there is no muzzle velocity like a gun would have.

The chances of someone firing a nail gun at a bird and penetrating it's skull is damn near impossible. Nail guns are designed to drive nails into wood by placing the nail against the wood and then support the nail gun with the weight of your body to prevent kick back.

The way people injure themselves with nail guns is by falling on them and shooting the nail into their body. I was on a site were a guy shoot tree large framing nails into is heart when he slipped and fell on his nail gun. He almost died.

That is a long way to go to say it is BS that someone shot the bird with a nail gun.

I could see this happening. A lot of framers tie the trigger down and fire the nail into the wood just by depressing the safety mechanism that keeps it from accidentally firing. The bird could have flown into one while landing on a house that is under construction. Red tailed hawks are big birds and one could easily set off a nail gun.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
I have a Paslode framing nail gun. Believe me I have tried just about everything with it to see If I could shoot someone with it like they do in the movies. It is almost impossible to to penetrate anything unless you shoot the nail gun at something no more than a few inches away. The nails tumble in flight and there is no muzzle velocity like a gun would have.

The chances of someone firing a nail gun at a bird and penetrating it's skull is damn near impossible. Nail guns are designed to drive nails into wood by placing the nail against the wood and then support the nail gun with the weight of your body to prevent kick back.

The way people injure themselves with nail guns is by falling on them and shooting the nail into their body. I was on a site were a guy shoot tree large framing nails into is heart when he slipped and fell on his nail gun. He almost died.

That is a long way to go to say it is BS that someone shot the bird with a nail gun.

I could see this happening. A lot of framers tie the trigger down and fire the nail into the wood just by depressing the safety mechanism that keeps it from accidentally firing. The bird could have flown into one while landing on a house that is under construction. Red tailed hawks are big birds and one could easily set off a nail gun.
Never seen anyone tie down a trigger. Not to say there aren't fools who do it, I've just never seen it.

Now I have seen fools who remove the lower guard from a Skilsaw, even hauled one to the emergency roof after it got his leg. Kind of interesting seeing how the human body is put together.

I used to hold down the trigger and bump fire using the safety...until I shot myself in the finger. Had another guy shoot me in the chest using the same method...fortunately it his a rib and didn't penetrate beyond that. Had another guy who got shot through the nose.

Hell, I've got lots of stories about people getting shot with nail guns.

The newer Senco framers all come with a sequential trip trigger which can be a pain in the ass at times, but I won't remove them. Really slows down on injuries.

But you're right, I don't see how anyone could shoot a hawk in the head with a nail gun.

Chas
Old 10-24-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Never seen anyone tie down a trigger. Not to say there aren't fools who do it, I've just never seen it.

Now I have seen fools who remove the lower guard from a Skilsaw, even hauled one to the emergency roof after it got his leg. Kind of interesting seeing how the human body is put together.

I used to hold down the trigger and bump fire using the safety...until I shot myself in the finger. Had another guy shoot me in the chest using the same method...fortunately it his a rib and didn't penetrate beyond that. Had another guy who got shot through the nose.

Hell, I've got lots of stories about people getting shot with nail guns.

The newer Senco framers all come with a sequential trip trigger which can be a pain in the ass at times, but I won't remove them. Really slows down on injuries.

But you're right, I don't see how anyone could shoot a hawk in the head with a nail gun.

Chas
I never got the kit to convert the Paslode, but I am a weekend warrior. Commercial HVAC is my specialty now.

You were lucky with the rib catching the nail. I bet it still hurt.