Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
I take it that you have it on good authority that bama "ordered" Holder to back off? I do believe that you will find that Justice investigated and found no grounds. In a predominantely black voting district why would the voters be intimidated by the Black Panthers?

Hell in my voting district the only thing protecting Democrats are the game laws, but I vote the way I choose and if the others hereabouts don't like it, that's too bad.
Obama is the President and Holder works for him. Thus Obama is responsible. Holder, as Attorney General, has been Obama's flunky on so many occasions.

Am I too assume you agree with armed men patrolling an election polling station? I know many people that are intimidated by the Black Panthers, and with good cause. So are you saying that they are now a humanitarian organization? How many armed KKK members or skinheads were posted in front of your assigned polling station? How many? Was the number, perhaps: ZERO??? Just because the Black Panthers were "aiding" the election of Barrack Obama doesn't make it right, at least not in my book.

Last edited by Krazygrrl; 11-01-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
You need to adjust your controls. The distortion is deafening.

Regards,

D-Ray
Which distortion are you speaking about? Are you denying that members of the Black Panthers, weapons in hand, patrolled outside of election polling stations? Perhaps you are denying that if members of the KKK were outside others that you would not find that offensive? Perhaps you wouldn't, I certainly would.

My controls do need adjusting as I, perhaps, shouldn't discuss the obvious as it might be a bit "inconvenient". You cannot possible mean that it is perfectly acceptable to have thugs, weapons in hand, posted outside of polling stations so long these individuals are there in support of Democrat candidates. Well, at least I hope you don't. I'm really confused.... So, let me ask you this: Do you agree with the actions of the armed Black Panthers at the polling stations? Do you perhaps deny that they were armed? Or perhaps that they were even there? How would you feel, on election day, if you got to your polling station and there were a group of armed skinheads standing by the door? Would you not be appalled? I certainly would be, and intimidated too.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Resident octogenarian

Look, the justice department investigated, found no cause to file any charges, but boy oh boy all the Obama haters really had to blow it all out of proportion. Just maybe, if the Republicana would get the finger out and do some honest negotiating we could get ourselves out of the *&^%$ mess. But I guess it is a lot easier to be a bullshit artist and a bomb thrower.

KG I realize that you hate Obama and will never acknowledge that he has done anything good, so lets just agree to disagree and let it go at that.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

I think it was one miscreant with a night stick, KG. You conservatives sure do frighten easily.

Did you feel equally outraged by the fellows carrying assault weapons outside the hall where Obama was giving a speech in Arizona?
Old 11-01-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
KG I realize that you hate Obama and will never acknowledge that he has done anything good, so lets just agree to disagree and let it go at that.
Actually, that isn't quite the case. He has done some good things. I like his student loan ideas, for example. I like his views about scrapping "No Child Left Behind", and I even like his current handling of the Palestinian issue at the UN (so far).

Lets just agree to disagree on other things... you are right.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazygrrl View Post
Obama is the President and Holder works for him. Thus Obama is responsible. Holder, as Attorney General, has been Obama's flunky on so many occasions.
What distortion?????

You previously alleged that Obama "ordered Holder to back off."

Do you discern no difference between saying that a superior officer is responsible for the conduct of a subordinate and saying that a superior officer ordered a subordinate to cover up alleged misconduct.

In any event, as Rob has pointed out, there was no there there. Without intimidated voters, it's hard to make out a case of voter intimidation. If you had read the report, you would see that that was the case.

Under the United States system of law, it is not permissible to prosecute someone for a crime simply because some people find particular conduct offensive. In the absence of evidence to support the elements of a crime of voter intimidation, the case can not go forward. It doesn't matter whether you would be intimidated or whether I would be intimidated - the voters in the precinct were not.

Because the particular fantasy of the dreaded "New Black Panthers" serves particular agendas, the distortion of the facts will be repeated again and again. The repetition adds no truth to the story.

Regards,

D-Ray