Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:25 AM

ows snow Denver and the Oakland police state

Ten inches of snow in Denver today. The OWS protesters did not go home and vowed to stay.

The police state is alive and well in Oakland busting up peaceful protesters who are there because Wall Street got a bailout and they didn't.

What is wrong with the picture is some areas of Oakland are very crime ridden. My sister in law was mugged there back in June. They split the back of her scalp wide open. It is not uncommon to see open drug deals and pimps hawking underage boys and girls on the street for sex in broad daylight.

The police in Oakland whine that they don't have enough manpower to patrol yet they can amass a huge force to break up a peaceful demonstration with tear gas, flash bang grenades, bean bags shotguns, and rubber bullets. One rubber bullet seriously wounded an Iraq war veteran when they shot him in the face at close range.

I say get some coffee and donuts and get them down there stat. The cops would drop the weapons and get back to doing what they do best, fucking off.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:12 AM

9/11 was a god send for building up the police state the government has so badly wanted... and I won't say why they let 9/11 happen, or I'll spend half my day explaining it to a few closed minds.

Let's just say the right got what they've spent years and years trying to figure out how to do in one single day and got it by doing nothing.

Makes perfect sense.

Now... show me your papers..
Old 10-27-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simi View Post
9/11 was a god send for building up the police state the government has so badly wanted... and I won't say why they let 9/11 happen, or I'll spend half my day explaining it to a few closed minds.

Let's just say the right got what they've spent years and years trying to figure out how to do in one single day and got it by doing nothing.

Makes perfect sense.

Now... show me your papers..
Yep. Now the coppers have all sorts of new weaponry and surveillance gear. The last demonstration I saw of their newly acquired tactical gear left me wondering whether they were law enforcement or a commando unit. They do not need this type of equipment IMHO. I can understand the need for strategically placed counter terrorist units under FBI direction, but every municipal police force doesn't need the level of tactical equipment they have acquired since 911. I'm also bothered by the continued advancement in electronic eavesdropping equipment being acquired.

It is interesting that most of this equipment would likely not be useful for its intended purpose of thwarting terrorism. The money would be better spent on actual live intelligence operatives and analysts.

Last edited by bhunter; 10-27-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Yep. Now the coppers have all sorts of new weaponry and surveillance gear. The last demonstration I saw of their newly acquired tactical gear left me wondering whether they were law enforcement or a commando unit. They do not need this type of equipment IMHO. I can understand the need for strategically placed counter terrorist units under FBI direction, but every municipal police force doesn't need the level of tactical equipment they have acquired since 911. I'm also bothered by the continued advancement in electronic eavesdropping equipment being acquired.

It is interesting that most of this equipment would likely not be useful for its intended purpose of thwarting terrorism. The money would be better spent on actual live intelligence operatives and analysts.
Just like the military they have to have all the latest toys. Just too damn bad they can't seem to learn how to use them. From what I have seen of late in the news,the average cop would be lucky to hit the broad side of a barn. And thatt is if he was standing inside with the door shut.