Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:02 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Nobody stupid or uncaring enough to select Sarah Palin as his running mate has any business in the White House. That is the beginning and the end of all you need to know about McCain.

John
To the point and dead on target.

I concur. I respected McCain right up until SuperDitz showed up and started running her mouth. (From crib notes scribbled on her palms, no less.)

Regards,
Dave
Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 AM
Resident octogenarian

Chicken Hawk McCain has never had my respect, despite his war hero past, he is scum and always will be. He is only too happy to put other people's loved ones in harms way.

Hagel was right, all the surge bought us was 1200 more dead and countless wounded.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:06 AM

McCain never liked the guy, left his sick first wife. First of all then finally proved his real self to the Nation in the Presidential campaigns......

Don't get me wrong he should still be a war hero for the abuse suffered. Not all hero's are nice guys and that is that!

Barney
Old 02-01-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
He has a sort of McCarthy look to him.....
God, he really does!

John
Old 02-01-2013, 09:32 AM

You know what....McCain was bascially race baiting UN Secretary Rice...or so it seemed to me. I do not respect that sort of thing no matter how many years you did as a POW
Old 02-01-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Well that is what Obama gets for appointing a Republican for Defense Secretary, an enlisted combat veteran at that. I guess someone with out any real war time experience or with notions of invading countries on the cheap might have been bett....ooops Rumsfield was already Defense Secretary ..never mind....
Rumsfeld was a Naval aviator in the 50's. You are correct though. He never saw combat.

Hagel was a Sargent in the infantry during the worst fighting of the Vietnam war. He was injured twice. Grunts saw the war up close and personal. There were no prisoners of war on the battlefield. You either lived to fight another day or you died. Contrast that to that asshole McCain who's questioning at best was snarky and condescending. He was a mighty fighter pilot who couldn't keep a plane in the air.

The only POW's in the Vietnam war were the ones that could be used as bargaining chips. McCain was a prime example of a bargaining chip since his father was an Admiral and he was a pilot. If Hagel had been captured in combat he would have been found sitting up against a tree, with his "private parts" stuffed in his mouth, as he bled out and died.

Hagel is highly qualified for this appointment and is twice the man McCain will ever be. I want a person in this position that has seen war up close and personal and survived to remember the horrors infantrymen face in close quarters battles. They will think twice about sending young men and now women into battle.

The surge in Iraq was a failure. Over 1200 dead and thousands more wounded physically and emotionally. I wish Hagel had just spat back a yes answer to his oldest ex-friend and colleague.

My real fear is McCain, Grahm, et al... are afraid we won't BOMB, BOMB, BOMB....BOMB, BOMB IRAN if Hagel is confirmed. They really do want to feed the military industrial complex and it's lobbyist, who, no doubt, contribute to their campaigns. They don't want their cash cow to suffer loses in income and the lobbyist that may lose their 27,000 sqft mansions in the suburbs of DC if the cow dries up. That would hurt Republican campaign donations. Oh, the inhumanities.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Admin

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...y.html?hpid=z3

With a friend like Inhofe....
"At Hagel’s confirmation, similarly, Inhofe said he would oppose the nominee because he would “be a staunch advocate for the continuation of the misguided policies of the president’s first term.”
He used most of his questioning time to pester Hagel about past votes and to provoke him with insinuation. “Why do you think that the Iranian Foreign Ministry so strongly supports your nomination to be the secretary of defense?” he inquired.
Later, Inhofe took another turn at the microphone to say he “strongly disagreed” with Hagel’s characterization of Obama as a supporter of Israel. “I know he is not up for confirmation,” Inhofe admitted. “You are.”
That’s true: Obama is not up for confirmation. Inhofe ought to stop acting as if he were."

Last edited by bobabode; 02-01-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
Rumsfeld was a Naval aviator in the 50's. You are correct though. He never saw combat.

Hagel was a Sargent in the infantry during the worst fighting of the Vietnam war. He was injured twice. Grunts saw the war up close and personal. There were no prisoners of war on the battlefield. You either lived to fight another day or you died. Contrast that to that asshole McCain who's questioning at best was snarky and condescending. He was a mighty fighter pilot who couldn't keep a plane in the air.

The only POW's in the Vietnam war were the ones that could be used as bargaining chips. McCain was a prime example of a bargaining chip since his father was an Admiral and he was a pilot. If Hagel had been captured in combat he would have been found sitting up against a tree, with his "private parts" stuffed in his mouth, as he bled out and died.

Hagel is highly qualified for this appointment and is twice the man McCain will ever be. I want a person in this position that has seen war up close and personal and survived to remember the horrors infantrymen face in close quarters battles. They will think twice about sending young men and now women into battle.

The surge in Iraq was a failure. Over 1200 dead and thousands more wounded physically and emotionally. I wish Hagel had just spat back a yes answer to his oldest ex-friend and colleague.

My real fear is McCain, Grahm, et al... are afraid we won't BOMB, BOMB, BOMB....BOMB, BOMB IRAN if Hagel is confirmed. They really do want to feed the military industrial complex and it's lobbyist, who, no doubt, contribute to their campaigns. They don't want their cash cow to suffer loses in income and the lobbyist that may lose their 27,000 sqft mansions in the suburbs of DC if the cow dries up. That would hurt Republican campaign donations. Oh, the inhumanities.
+1 I did not realize that he had been a pilot. My biggest thing about Iraq was that Bush and Rumsfeld did not provide security after the invasion. If you are going to invade a country at least make it safe afterward...even it means more troops. I cannot imagine how awful it was for the average Iraqi civilian caught in the middle of the civil war and at the mercy of Al-Quaida in Iraq.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Nobody stupid or uncaring enough to select Sarah Palin as his running mate has any business in the White House. That is the beginning and the end of all you need to know about McCain.

John
Holy crap! I just said the same thing over in another thread. I've never liked McCain, but I do honor him for his time as a POW. He just lacks something—plus, he blinks too much. I think you must be a jackass just to be in the Senate.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Holy crap! I just said the same thing over in another thread. I've never liked McCain, but I do honor him for his time as a POW. He just lacks something—plus, he blinks too much. I think you must be a jackass just to be in the Senate.
So do I. But it is what you do today that counts not yesterday. He embarrassed himself and tarnished his image for me forever yesterday in his disrespect to a fellow combat veteran,
one not born with an Admiral for a dad. Past McCain's bedtime he needs to go back to Arizona.