Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:28 AM
Area Man

The Citadel is a developing community of Patriots in the mountains of Idaho who believe in Jefferson's Rightful Liberty and have chosen to live amongst one another, who have sworn their Lives, their Fortunes and their Sacred Honor to defend one another and Liberty.

More collectivism. Whatever is yours, is ours............

But, it's all in the name of "Liberty and American Exceptionalism"....Yeah, right. Sure it is.

I see it coming, a bunch of nouveau poor imbeciles wondering where their money went as the "True American Patriots" that lured them to Idaho disappear to parts unknown.

Yutzville-That's what they should call it.

Regards,
Dave
Old 01-31-2013, 12:38 AM
Admin

That's what a theocracy looks like, Dave. Just like Jim Jones, Koresh and others of their ilk. Sick effin' bastards.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:40 AM
Area Man

Ah, they're planning on ZERO unemployment and a perpetually robust economy........

Wow. Where do I sign up? Sounds like heaven, a redneck Xanadu.....................Ooooooo, but wait.........You must swear your FORTUNE to the Citadel. You think any poor rednecks will be allowed inside? I'm guessing.....no....unless he's there to fix a toilet. I am assuming one must HAVE a fortune to swear over.......right?

Dave
Old 01-31-2013, 12:43 AM
Admin

"Marxists, So************************ts, Liberals and Establishment Republicans will likely find that life in our community is incompatible with their existing ideology and preferred lifestyles."

No sh*t, Sherlock. Unbelievable.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:50 AM
Admin

"Citadel Patriot Agreement"

"Patriots: The following represents a voluntary set of conditions to which every single Patriot who accepts a residence in the Citadel must agree, in writing. This is a voluntary Agreement. The Citadel is a martial endeavor designed to protect Residents in times of peril (natural or man-made). The Citadel will be built as a fortified bastion of Liberty. The Citadel is not the best housing solution for everyone. Read carefully.
The purpose of this agreement is two-fold. Firstly, it informs all Residents of their obligations to their fellow Patriots. Secondly, this Agreement will assist individuals/families in making an informed decision to opt-out of residency in the Citadel Community in the event our lifestyle is incompatible with you and/or your family.

Preamble: We the People come together in this covenant of our free will and do pledge our Lives, our Fortunes and our Sacred Honor to defend one another and Jefferson's Rightful Liberty, defined as unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. We further affirm our intent to abide all Constitutional laws of the United States of America and our State of residence.
One: Once ratified, this list of conditions may only be altered by unanimous consent of all parties governed by this Agreement, i.e. full-time Residents. Full-time residency will be defined by a select panel of full-time Residents who will also establish guidelines for acceptable exceptions for absences.
Two: Every able-bodied Patriot aged 13 and older governed by this Agreement shall annually demonstrate proficiency with the rifle of his/her choice by hitting a man-sized steel target at 100 yards with open sights at the Citadel range. Each Resident shall have 10 shots and must hit the target at least 7 times.
Three: Every able-bodied Patriot aged 13 and older governed by this Agreement shall annually demonstrate proficiency with a handgun of choice by hitting a man-sized steel target at 25 yards with open sights at the Citadel range. Each Resident shall have 10 shots and must hit the target at least 7 times.
Four: Every able-bodied Patriot of age within the Citadel will maintain one AR15 variant in 5.56mm NATO, at least 5 magazines and 1,000 rounds of ammunition. The responsibility for maintaining functional arms and ammunition levels for every member of the household shall fall to the head of household. Every able-bodied Patriot will be responsible for maintaining a Tactical Go Bag or Muster Kit to satisfy the Minuteman concept. Details TBD and posted elsewhere.
Five: Every household within the Citadel will remain stocked with sufficient food, water, and other preparedness essentials (to be detailed elsewhere) to sustain the needs for every member of the household for a duration of one year.
Six: Every able-bodied Patriot aged 13 and older shall pass a class every three years sponsored by the Citadel on basic emergency medical care; the courses shall focus on battlefield and wilderness environments.
Seven: Every child attending Citadel schools — with parental discretion for maturity — shall have as part of every semester's class curriculum basic marksmanship and firearms safety training leading to the proficiency test on the child's 13th birthday as a "Coming of Age" rite of passage (a parent may attend the classes or personally train the child if so desired). Children attending schools beyond the Citadel, or home-schooled, are required to meet the same proficiency standards at age 13.
Eight: All Patriots, who are of age and are not legally restricted from bearing firearms, shall agree to remain armed with a loaded sidearm whenever visiting the Citadel Town Center. Firearm shall be on-the-person and under the control of the Resident, not merely stored in a vehicle.
Nine: Each household will provide ONE able-bodied Patriot (aged 13 or older) who shall muster one Saturday per month for Martial/Support Training for neighborhood-level training & musters, as set forth by the Militia Commanders of the Community. No single Patriot shall be required to muster more than once per quarter. In the course of every calendar year every able-bodied Patriot and every full-time resident in each household must participate in at least three musters (one neighborhood-level and two full-scale). Part-time residents must participate, in good faith, to the best of their ability.
Ten: Twice annually a full-scale Town Defense Drill will be held for all households and all residents (once in winter weather & once in summer weather).
Eleven: The Town Militia will hold an award/recognition ceremony on April 19th each year to celebrate Patriot's Day.
Twelve: Violations of this Agreement will result in review by an arbitration panel consisting of Citadel Residents with appropriate and proportional disciplinary action taken. The most severe disciplinary action may include the loss of Lease and expulsion from the community.
Thirteen: All Citadel Citizens agree to accept dispute resolution by an arbitration panel in the event a problem that cannot be resolved between residents."

Holy Crap! Get a load of this from the websitehttp://www.iiicitadel.com/patriotagreement.html
Old 01-31-2013, 01:30 AM
Area Man

Let's see;

Every "Patriot" must swear his fortune to the Citadel.

Every "Patriot" must serve in the Citadel Militia.

Every "Patriot" must complete strict firearm training, maintain established armament levels, maintain a "go bag" etc.,etc............

Required to maintain a stock of food and water, etc.

Every amendment to the agreement must be agreed upon unanimously by Citadel residents. And only "full time residents" a term that has as yet to be defined have the right to vote. How much would you bet this breaks down to the richest members?

Every family MUST send any patriot over the age of 13 to, basically military traini..............

"Violations of this Agreement will result in review by an arbitration panel consisting of Citadel Residents with appropriate and proportional disciplinary action taken. The most severe disciplinary action may include the loss of Lease and expulsion from the community."

Just what in the hell constitutes "proportional disciplinary action"?

How much do you want to bet this "arbitration panel consisting of Citadel Residents" will break down to the same good ol' boy cronies holding court and passing judgement at will?

It sounds to me, that they're leaving a free society and forming their own militarist totalitarian society. You know darn well, that with these rules will come rules regarding appearance, speech, manors and behavior.....basically every facet of your being, tightly controlled by the "arbitration panel of full time residents".

I find the thought fascinating;

Surrendering your freedom in the name of preserving your freedom?

Does this shit sound like freedom to you guys? Not me.

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 01-31-2013 at 01:33 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:36 AM
Admin

Sound wacko. No, it sounds like Waco to me with their own AR15 factory. They really need to consider building it in Somalia.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:44 AM
Area Man

You know, Bob.................

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve niether." (paraphrased)

This is what I have always thought he was referring to.

Think about it. What "Liberty" are these clowns protecting? At this rate, once they sign the agreement, they have none to protect. Except the right to leave......maybe. Many a cult has declared their members have the right to leave as they wish......but not really.

Insane. Just plain crazy.

Regards,
Dave
Old 01-31-2013, 04:27 AM
Area Man

"Additionally, we plan on forming our own bank that will issue Citadel coins in silver and gold."

Hmmmm..............

Dave
Old 01-31-2013, 04:40 AM
Area Man

Article 1, Section 10 states;

"No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility."

I take this to mean a state cannot legally print or mint from anything but cold and silver, any type of money. I'm guessing, because gold and silver coins may actually represent the actual value of the coin in it's worth by weight.

But, that's the states.

If these folks establish a bank and begin minting gold and silver coins to be used as currency, I think this would be a violation of long standing federal law, would it not? I can't imagine the federal government would stand for this. Although I do understand at one point some corporations issued their own money to employees (Company Script).

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 01-31-2013 at 04:45 AM.