Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:37 AM

This might "shoot" a big hole in your argument that the President is insensitive to collateral damage.

The successful mission that killed OBL. One F-16 with a couple of 500lb'ers would of done the same job, but made a bigger mess. From the reports the President was the one who made the decision to lessen the chance of innocent lives taken.

Also with your line of thinking it would be better to have more of our troops on the ground then the remote devices? War is not pretty and for one to think or project onto another this suggestion now after the previous administration activities . When you were more then likely silent to them makes one wounder the real reason why?

Barney
Old 01-16-2013, 09:11 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I see no connection between baconshorts and argo.

Pete
Old 01-16-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I see no connection between baconshorts and argo.

Pete
I have the feeling that BS is, as Bob said, a prepper. Also probably a member of some Lone Star Republic militia with separatist ideals - that or a militia wannabe. Those groups very often espouse the values and goals of National So************************m but, until BS declares himself to be a Neo-Nazi or starts spouting their philosophy, I'll give him some small benefit of the doubt.

Parenthetically, I suspect that if there's any truth to his story that he has lost friends to Mexican "thugs" it was in the course of some vigilante "Minute Man" type border incident where the "invaders" shot back.

John
Old 01-16-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconshorts View Post
There is a real risk that over the course of the next few years, with the stroke of one mans pen, millions of law abiding, patriotic, generally good US citizens will be transformed into criminals and if they resist "terrorist".

Can't happen? It has before Waco, rugby ridge, Philadelphia, others.
Waco and Ruby Ridge were both about illegal arms trafficking.

Ruby Ridge was a case where Federal agents with a lawful purpose for being there reacted, on their own authority, with unwarranted force.

At Waco the Federal agents were there in force because of the number of people in the compound and the arms available to them. The holocaust that resulted was ordered by Koresh. He burned the place down, not the Feds.

Philadelphia? I assume you're not talking about your friends the Knights in Philadelphia, Mississippi. That must mean you're talking about Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and the siege at the MOVE house. You have a point here, sort of. The Philadelphia Police Department did indeed drop a small bomb on a rooftop bunker to clear it prior to a full assault via the roof. The explosion ignited other explosives in the bunker and that started the whole house on fire.

MOVE had a long history of armed provocations and deadly attacks on the police. Their house was literally a fortress, heavily armed and lined inside with telephone poles. The only way the police could respond was with force. Sadly, the attack backfired.

All you seem too be able to see here is that a governmental entity used deadly force to confiscate weapons. What you ignore is that these incidents all involved illegal weapons and illegal activity with them.

You also seem to want to brush aside the fact that the exchanges of fire in these incidents were all initiated by the people you would describe as the victims. The scenes of Federal agents at Waco being shot and killed as they attempted to infiltrate Koresh's compound are very fresh in my mind but, apparently, not in yours.

John
Old 01-16-2013, 10:22 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Ruby Ridge was ugly, ugly, ugly. Coppers completely out of control. Weaver was hardly a boy scout but what a screwed up 'bust', it's just terrible. It sure wasn't his fault they shot his unarmed wife through the forehead with a baby in her arms. Every time I hear that only the professionals should have guns I think of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge

What Bac says though about criminalizing people at the stroke of a pen is very true.

Pete
Old 01-16-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Ruby Ridge was ugly, ugly, ugly. Coppers completely out of control. Weaver was hardly a boy scout but what a screwed up 'bust', it's just terrible. It sure wasn't his fault they shot his unarmed wife through the forehead with a baby in her arms. Every time I hear that only the professionals should have guns I think of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge

What Bac says though about criminalizing people at the stroke of a pen is very true.

Pete
Maybe, but his examples don't make his point.

The only US example I can think of in recent memory is the "Enemy Combatant" deal. We all know that Clobama did that!

John
Old 01-16-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconshorts View Post
Most liberals I know are all pot heads.
Pretty fucking ignorant statement there, BS.

John
Old 01-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

LOL! We all know that righties are evil dupe old people killers

For some reason reading this thread shoe's on the other foot comes to mind

Apparently this tee shirt is showing up at leftie rallies:

Pete
Old 01-16-2013, 11:12 AM

BS makes a point about Obama doing nothing about assault weapons going to Mexico yet does not want an assault weapons ban after Sandy Hook. Pretty inconstistent thinking there.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
BS makes a point about Obama doing nothing about assault weapons going to Mexico yet does not want an assault weapons ban after Sandy Hook. Pretty inconstistent thinking there.
Not entirely. The disastrous Fast and Furious was intended to identify and arrest the people shipping weapons to Mexico. What gets lost in the shuffle here is whether the program as a whole was in some measure successful despite the utter failure of one operation.

For all we know, it was an overall success but the press isn't interested in that sort of story and, perhaps for reasons of operational integrity, the DoJ isn't talking with any specificity about the overall picture.

Also, it's not totally Obama's "baby". The program was started under the Bush Administration. Finally, the actual transaction that had such disastrous results was authorized at the local level. It didn't have Washington's approval.

But, yes, BS is talking out of both sides of his mouth.

As always.

John