Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Bullshit? You're a bit quick on the trigger there, Dondi. Let's look at the data:

In table, first three columns are the vote % received, by Clinton, Trump, and all others together. Fourth column is trump's margin of victory over Clinton. If column 3 exceeds column 4, column 5 shows the number of electoral votes potentially flipped if enough 'other' votes had gone to Clinton instead.

Make of it what you will. Mainly, I think this shows that Hillary was not an awful candidate, she was a competitive candidate. But she was ultimately defeated by her own negatives driving votes to third party candidates.

I stand by my claim that if all who didn't want Trump had voted for Hillary, we wouldn't have Trump.
You have to recognize and account for the sort of candidate, Hell, the sort of human being, Trump is. It took an extremely weak and flawed candidate to led him get to within 150,000 votes out of the 125,000,000 votes cast.

Last edited by Boreas; 11-09-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:43 PM

Here Is What Donald Trump Wants To Do In His First 100 Days http://n.pr/2ffyrCe

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2016, 07:57 PM

About that swamp----.
Trump conflicts of interest are without precedent in American presidential history
http://wapo.st/2fCtvrv

Last edited by Pio1980; 11-09-2016 at 08:33 PM.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
About that swamp----.
Trump conflicts of interest are without precedent in American presidential history
http://wapo.st/2fCtvrv

This article is representative of the crap that the media was doing prior to the election. One sentence blows up the entire article:

Members of Congress must recuse themselves from government dealings touching on their own financial interests, according to strict regulations in the Ethics in Government Act of 1978, enacted after Watergate. Presidents, however, were made exempt from those rules on the belief they could further complicate the wide-ranging job.

So, bottom line - while nothing that is covered in the article actually rises to the level of a conflict of interest as defined by current law, WaPo put it out there anyway and packaged it like is was a problem for Trump.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
This article is representative of the crap that the media was doing prior to the election. One sentence blows up the entire article:

Members of Congress must recuse themselves from government dealings touching on their own financial interests, according to strict regulations in the Ethics in Government Act of 1978, enacted after Watergate. Presidents, however, were made exempt from those rules on the belief they could further complicate the wide-ranging job.

So, bottom line - while nothing that is covered in the article actually rises to the level of a conflict of interest as defined by current law, WaPo put it out there anyway and packaged it like is was a problem for Trump.
Cheney certainly got by, with Halliburton a major contractor / beneficiary of OIF.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:52 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Here Is What Donald Trump Wants To Do In His First 100 Days http://n.pr/2ffyrCe

Some of this shit is pretty good.

I agree with all or at least most of each and every one of these.

* FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;

* FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;

* SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

On the same day, I will begin taking the following 7 actions to protect American workers:

* FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205

* SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership

* THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator

* FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately

* SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure

End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.

American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships,
and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.

Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.

Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.

Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values

Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:56 AM

Cutting tape at the FDA would probably bring a huge surge of unsafe over the counter drugs flooding our markets.

Gutting Obamacare and creating a national monopoly on insurance is laughable. Savings health accounts are you fucking kidding me?

Joad you are one gullible man.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:06 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
One sentence blows up the entire article:
So often that occurs...sometimes two.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:08 AM

So, Trump is one of the "good" oligarchs?

Old 11-10-2016, 11:29 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
So, Trump is one of the "good" oligarchs?

Trump is not an oligarch.