Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-19-2021, 10:45 PM

The biggest story of the century so far is the serial efforts of a sitting Potus to subvert an election and the succession process. The Capitol rally riot insurrection of Jan 6 is the indelible historical benchmark.
Old 08-19-2021, 11:08 PM

Here is more in living color.

FILE - In this Feb. 29, 2020, file photo, U.S. peace envoy Zalmay Khalilzad, left, and Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, the Taliban group's top political leader shake hands after signing a peace agreement between Taliban and U.S. officials in Doha, Qatar. President Joe Biden and his national security team say the Trump administration tied their hands when it came to the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan. The argument that President Donald Trump's February 2020 deal with the Taliban set the stage for the weekend chaos that unfolded in Kabul has some merit. But, it's far from the full story. (AP Photo/Hussein Sayed, File)

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — As President Donald Trump’s administration signed a peace deal with the Taliban in February 2020, he optimistically proclaimed that “we think we’ll be successful in the end.” His secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, asserted that the administration was “seizing the best opportunity for peace in a generation.”
I support President Biden for pulling our troops out on schedule rather than hanging around propping a corrupt government and a weak incompetent military who were more than willing to take our money, but not stand up and fight when it counted.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...n-deal-in-doha
Old 08-20-2021, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'm not remotely interested in people without real knowledge of the situation, its history and causes providing me with their self-serving hot-takes on Afghanistan.

If you really want to learn and understand what's happening there, here's a good take from someone in the know.

https://www.sarahchayes.org/post/the-ides-of-august
A damning summary of the now-defunct occupation of Afghanistan led by the United States.

I suppose it should not be surprising considering the Republican regime that was in power at the start of the occupation. The anti-democratic spirit of that occupation is sickening.

Last edited by Mark B; 08-21-2021 at 04:22 AM. Reason: fix spelling error
Old 08-20-2021, 07:59 PM
Admin

Color me unimpressed with the OP's wacknut reichwing hyperbole and the MSM's incessant need to find out what John Bolton thinks about what he was so wrong about. Fucking ghouls.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...-so-distorted/
Old 08-20-2021, 08:00 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
I thought I'd come here to see what you guys are saying about the biggest news story of the month and probably the century - the catastrophic pullout from Afghanistan. It is the main thing anyone is talking about.

Yet All of the latest posts on every subforum here are devoid of any mention of it, except for the thread I started a few minutes ago.

This tells me all I need to know. This whole site is a clown show. I'm outa here. You guys carry on with your ad-hom, deflection and projection. I'll stick with discussing with adults. I needed to see that to make a clean and permanent break

Enjoy your bubble.
Bye Felicia.
Old 08-20-2021, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane
I thought I'd come here to see what you guys are saying about the biggest news story of the month and probably the century - the catastrophic pullout from Afghanistan. It is the main thing anyone is talking about.

Yet All of the latest posts on every subforum here are devoid of any mention of it, except for the thread I started a few minutes ago.

This tells me all I need to know. This whole site is a clown show. I'm outa here. You guys carry on with your ad-hom, deflection and projection. I'll stick with discussing with adults. I needed to see that to make a clean and permanent break

Enjoy your bubble.
This isn't an airport. You don't need to announce your departure.
Old 08-20-2021, 10:39 PM

'Racist hysteria': Former Trump insider reveals the ex-president and Stephen Miller sabotaged Afghan refugees

https://www.alternet.org/2021/08/afg...es-2654738536/
Old 08-20-2021, 11:01 PM

Conservative details how Trump and Pompeo designed the Afghanistan withdrawal they blame Biden for

https://www.alternet.org/2021/08/afghanistan-trump/
Old 08-21-2021, 06:50 AM

Failed to bring in the Taliban when setting up the country in 2003 under a Bush in charge.
Then failed to have the last Afghanistan government at the table later in 2020 for the pullout treaty under Trumps watch.

Now Biden gets blamed?
Old 08-21-2021, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post

This whole site is a clown show. I'm outa here. You guys carry on with your ad-hom, deflection and projection. I'll stick with discussing with adults. I needed to see that to make a clean and permanent break

Enjoy your bubble.
Whenever I read a post like this one on a forum, I'm left wondering if it's really just a cry for attention and that the poster is hoping for members to beg that person to stay.

I on the other hand, am tempted to tell the person to not let the door smack you in the ass on the way out. Different strokes I guess.