Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-06-2021, 03:36 PM

2021 school year so far........

Well any personal stories of how the school year is going?

My twin Grandson's started back after using remote learning last year. Never got sick, both parents are vaccinated.

Last month went in for a few hours to get accustom to the new school built last year. In my state (IN) no local school can implement anything stricter then from the state. So no mask mandate or vaccine requirements.....

Both of the grandsons got sick, not C-19 but the old fashion flu.

Last week started full time classes on Wednesday. Both of them wore masks at school. They are in two different classes for the first time this year.

This Wednesday one Grandson was exposed to a suspected C-19 student. They allowed the Grandson and rest of class to continue with school the next day. Today they informed my Son and Daughter N Law fourteen days of quarantine now for Grandson due to a positive test from a student. Same class as before.

No plan setup for remote learning for the next two weeks.

My son called and the school has no game plan winging it......

I asked the grandsons just how many kids in their class were wearing masks? To get the answer "not many" back. Kids were making fun of them.......

Now my Daughter N Law my well have to quit her job to care for the Grandson. Just after returning from being off over a year to care for the two Grandsons.

Or we may be forced to take it on.

All because of some cry babies who will not think of others.....

Last edited by Oerets; 08-06-2021 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-06-2021, 04:44 PM
Ready

Alternative schooling seems called for in such environment. Which will be a hassle at best, but potentially huge benefits.
Old 08-06-2021, 04:52 PM
Admin

Sounds like a rock and a hard place is SOP in your neck of the woods.

That sucks Barney.
Old 08-06-2021, 05:24 PM

Well the one Grandson will be coming to stay for the quarantine from the looks of it.

We totally expect this to be an ongoing occurrence.
First one then the other......

We have a large home and can isolate.

The Daughter N Law was told, would be let go if she stayed home to care for son.

A part of me is wondering what the parents who are effected the cult of antivac, antimaskers will blame for this??????

Last edited by Oerets; 08-06-2021 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-07-2021, 12:55 AM

Typical of Repub led state.

Methinks this is NOT good messaging for Repubs!
Old 08-07-2021, 06:29 AM

Sorry to hear about your grandsons, Oerets.
My sister, who is retired, substitutes now and then for a small private catholic school. I think they have more flexibility when making rules about wearing masks.
Last school year, they stayed with in school learning by using plexiglass barriers, using masks and social distancing. I think they plan to continue to do the same this school year.
Old 08-07-2021, 08:25 AM
Jigsawed

This is such a bad time. A family member who works in the health system in Central Florida says that the hospitals are at the breaking point with regards to the virus.

A lot of sympathy and appreciation to health professionals who have to work in very scary situations.

This is not a time to send kids to school.
Old 08-07-2021, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
This is such a bad time. A family member who works in the health system in Central Florida says that the hospitals are at the breaking point with regards to the virus.

A lot of sympathy and appreciation to health professionals who have to work in very scary situations.

This is not a time to send kids to school.
...yet you STILL support Fucker Carlson. I don't get it.
Old 08-07-2021, 10:38 AM

There are too many parents who have the need for schools be in session. For child care so that they can work. If the children are out of school would be left at home alone. A sick child will be left at home due to the parents needing to work.

There was over a year to plan for this and I see little in a way of one here. They are not even set up for remote learning as of now at their school.
Old 08-07-2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Well the one Grandson will be coming to stay for the quarantine from the looks of it.

We totally expect this to be an ongoing occurrence.
First one then the other......

We have a large home and can isolate.

The Daughter N Law was told, would be let go if she stayed home to care for son.

A part of me is wondering what the parents who are effected the cult of antivac, antimaskers will blame for this??????
Short answer is Biden and the Southern Border (hint: DeathSantis)

Sad truth is that we had this virus under control in April due to a excellent vaccine rollout in the US and all we had to do was follow the science. Instead here we are facing perhaps another economic slow down which will eventually affect mostly the antivaxxers. Its going to be very very difficult to find or hold on to jobs if you are not vaccinated.

A few months back when I posted on AK that private industry will demand that their employees are vaccinated, the antivaxxer crowd there in unison said NFW. Nary a word from that crowd now and I specifically cited that employers by law need to provide a healthy workplace, individual freedom be damned and is not applicable.