Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
But the story indicated that he took the drug test and it was negative.

Regards,

D-Ray
which means he had no drug tesed for in his system

it does not say what other factors may have lead to the request for the test besides his red eyes or if that was their only reason

I guess I have a hard time beliving that a kid whose father just died would be treated such insensitivity without reason and the article does not discuss any of that

i think there must be more to the story

if not, it's terrible
Old 09-14-2010, 07:56 AM
Resident octogenarian

Noone we are talking about a school board, were you expecting some intelligence?
Old 09-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Noone we are talking about a school board, were you expecting some intelligence?
yeah, your right

when i approached the local board members about introducing mandarin as a second language elective they looked at me, well like they always do
Old 09-14-2010, 05:56 PM

I saw the interview w/the boy's Mom on TV. Normal kid...did well in school, active. She took him to the family MD & had a FULL drug panel run...negative in every respect. Reefer, opiates, meth...you name it...negative. Period.

The idiocy in that school system runs all the way from the superintendent through the board and into the school administrators.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronjohn View Post
I saw the interview w/the boy's Mom on TV. Normal kid...did well in school, active. She took him to the family MD & had a FULL drug panel run...negative in every respect. Reefer, opiates, meth...you name it...negative. Period.

The idiocy in that school system runs all the way from the superintendent through the board and into the school administrators.
I'm afraid some people have forgotten how to think. It is sadly ironic that officials of a school system did not engage in any critical thought before taking reflexive action.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 09-14-2010, 09:28 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I'm afraid some people have forgotten how to think. It is sadly ironic that officials of a school system did not engage in any critical thought before taking reflexive action.

Regards,

D-Ray
Sadly, today's public schools, for the most part, don't teach students how to think. Memorize certain facts so you can pass certain standardized tests and bring credit to the faculty and administration and school board and everything is good. Now we have people that have gone through this system teaching and in administrative positions. They have been told "No tolerance" and by God, that is what they will enforce. "No tolerance" makes everything easy for them. "You've got an aspirin? Get out! You've got a Midol? Get out! Your eyes are red? You must be doing something wrong! Get out!" See how easy that is? No thinking... just react. It's the PC thing to do.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:29 AM
Area Man

That is just totally insane. The kids Dad is murdered and you hassle him for having "bloodshot eyes"? What kind of a assho........Wait a minute...Texas?...Isn't that the red state with the revisionist conservative history books? That explains everything. "Look at them eyes, wooey, I deeclare! Are you one a them dope smoke hippy librels, BOY?, Git on ovah here an' piss in this here cup!"

Based on this situation, I can only conclude that the time has come to completely dismantle the entire public education system and charge parents with the sole resposibility of their childs education. Just think what a utopian society we could build when half of Americas youth are educated solely by their own wonderful, squeaky clean, perfectly sensible parents? Beck says the "progressive establishment" thinks Americans are too stupid to teach our own kids. What an outrage that they should think such a thing! We know this is a lie, why every single parent I have ever met in this country is a shining example of academic wonder and saintly disposition.

And if you believe that load of hogwash.........

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 09-15-2010 at 02:54 AM.