Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-05-2021, 10:21 PM

I am bored of politics

...anyone want to talk about audio equipment?

JUST KIDDING
Old 02-06-2021, 07:43 AM

Smile

Aww gee Y, I'm sure you can walk and talk (post here and over at AK) at the same time
Old 02-06-2021, 08:14 AM
Jigsawed

You can talk about China's impact on audio with less constraint here.

It seems that the Chinese have improved considerably the quality of their audio products. At the same time they kept their prices competitive.

A friend recently said to me that a certain integrated amp was a game changer.
Old 02-16-2021, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
You can talk about China's impact on audio with less constraint here.

It seems that the Chinese have improved considerably the quality of their audio products. At the same time they kept their prices competitive.

A friend recently said to me that a certain integrated amp was a game changer.
I was not aware that such a topic was iffy on the other site. Huh.

It absolutely makes sense to me that China would be getting better at audio. But I nevertheless remain wary of such products (though obviously my phone, TV, and other electronics are all made in China), in part because it is hard to separate the wheat from the chaff and I am leery of customer service. No way to for me to tell who is a fly by night operation and who has longevity.
Old 02-16-2021, 09:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill View Post
...anyone want to talk about audio equipment?

JUST KIDDING
This year's politics has been so extreme and divisive, I'm amazed anyone even watches news programs any more. I don't watch ANY TV news. A few trips to the Fox website and that's it for me.

On the other hand, anyone want to discuss GRIMM? I'm just finishing up Season 3.
Old 02-16-2021, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reason10 View Post
This year's politics has been so extreme and divisive, I'm amazed anyone even watches news programs any more. I don't watch ANY TV news. A few trips to the Fox website and that's it for me.

On the other hand, anyone want to discuss GRIMM? I'm just finishing up Season 3.
I don't have broadcast TV. I do listen to a lot of podcasts though and read tons online.

Haven't seen Grimm, but am working my way through "The Expanse" and awaiting a second season of "The Witcher."
Old 02-16-2021, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill View Post
I don't have broadcast TV. I do listen to a lot of podcasts though and read tons online.

Haven't seen Grimm, but am working my way through "The Expanse" and awaiting a second season of "The Witcher."
I watch broadcast TV only at gunpoint. You can catch Grimm on that Amazon channel, complete with zero commercials.

Tell me about The Witcher.

Oh, and Queen Latifah is amazing on The Equalizer. Again, no need to go through broadcast TV for that.
Old 02-18-2021, 02:40 PM

The Expanse, not the Equalizer. It's a Sci-Fi channel ported to Amazon series based on books of the same name. Really, really well done. One of the best imaginings of human expansion into the solar system that I've seen.

The Witcher is a Netflix series based another series of novels that were the basis for a highly successful video game of the same name. If you like Grimm, you may well like the The Witcher. The eponymous hero is a type of human who has been transformed via a grueling and often deadly combination of a medieval magic and science into a sort of superhuman with special abilities. He spends a fair amount of time battling supernatural monsters. I have found it to be very well done.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:41 AM

The best part is yet to come now that the impeachment rebranding of GOP to GQP is well along its way. Am eagerly awaiting lawsuits over the money that the Dream Team, Trump and the GOP have scammed from their supporters. Then there are the lawsuits arising from tax & financial frauds and McConnel solution to Trump's insurrection.
Old 02-16-2021, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
The best part is yet to come now that the impeachment rebranding of GOP to GQP is well along its way. Am eagerly awaiting lawsuits over the money that the Dream Team, Trump and the GOP have scammed from their supporters. Then there are the lawsuits arising from tax & financial frauds and McConnel solution to Trump's insurrection.
What money? President Trump DONATED his presidential salary to charity. His business lost a billion in revenue.

The only insurrection was the illegal swearing in of a LOSER candidate named Jim Crow Joe. His entire four years in the Oval Office (pending an impeachment and Senate conviction when Congress is flipped back to the Republicans in 22) is basically an illegal occupation.