Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Do the results of these polls qualify MS and AL Republicans as dumb?

"... 45 percent of Alabama Republicans think Mr. Obama is a Muslim, and only 14 percent know that he’s actually a Christian. In Mississippi, the same poll showed that a majority of Republicans, 52 percent, believe the Muslim lie."

http://loyalopposition.blogs.nytimes...a-is-a-muslim/
Old 03-13-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
Every year I drag ass down to Gallman, Mississippi for my wifes family reunion at the Gallman Baptist church. We were walking around the Gallman cemetery, looking at all the dead Gallmans, one year when one of her cousins proudly pointed out a headstone on a hillside. She told us they just put it up to mark the mass burial graves of their n***er slaves. She was so proud of it. You never see any blacks in Gallman. They stay on their side of the tracks. Segregation is alive and well in Mississippi.

The wealthy whites in Mississippi are doing just fine. My wifes fathers side of the family owns a whole city south of Jackson They even have their own exit sign on I55. I truly dislike Mississippi, but I go every year to remind myself how good I actually have it.
While on a bicycle vacation in Tennessee last year I learned over breakfast from a nice white couple that there is no such thing as an intelligent black man. I just stared at my oatmeal and wished I was somewhere else.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Do the results of these polls qualify MS and AL Republicans as dumb?

"... 45 percent of Alabama Republicans think Mr. Obama is a Muslim, and only 14 percent know that he’s actually a Christian. In Mississippi, the same poll showed that a majority of Republicans, 52 percent, believe the Muslim lie."

http://loyalopposition.blogs.nytimes...a-is-a-muslim/
What they know is that Obama is black.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:27 AM

Living in the Florida panhandle for two years was much the same.

In with the religion, out with the logic.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:15 AM
Resident octogenarian

“He who refuses to learn deserves extinction.”
Rabbi Hillel
Old 03-14-2012, 08:35 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
It just occured to me...Wall Street occupiers! They want what you have! Class envy??
The only difference I can see is... many are educated and are in their minds eye... needy!
No. That is where you are totally, absolutely and entirely wrong in every way possible. They're smart enough to know we can build a better nation if we invest in education and make it available to all, even the happily downtrodden in Ol' Miss. Rather than relegate them to considering themselves to be "Blessed" by the "Lord" for whatever scraps the local strawboss feels like throwing them. Which is, in no way, an accident. Republicans don't want to pay into higher education for anyone but their own kids................because the ignorant are more easily controlled.

Mississippi is the shining example of how well our purist form of plutocratic asskissing conservatism works. The handfull of ruthlessly ambitious end up with ALL of the money. Take a good, long look at it.............this is the future.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 03-14-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:08 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I caught a bit of a lecture (I wish I could remember the guys name!) where he said the US has been 7 seperate cultures in conflict all along.

To make generalisations of the sort, well then, the corrupt Cleveland Dem machine must be the template for Democrats everywhere. As far as higher education, I guess maybe the left could look to secondary 1st. Back our mayor's reforms in the teachers union.

Pete
Old 03-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I caught a bit of a lecture (I wish I could remember the guys name!) where he said the US has been 7 seperate cultures in conflict all along.

To make generalisations of the sort, well then, the corrupt Cleveland Dem machine must be the template for Democrats everywhere. As far as higher education, I guess maybe the left could look to secondary 1st. Back our mayor's reforms in the teachers union.

Pete
There you go again, it's always the union's fault. If they spent half of the money they waste with NCLB and all the other experts, on the schools we would be better off. Instead we have "experts" most of whom could not find their arse with both hands and a flashlight, getting in the teachers way. Fire the whole damn lot of them and let the teachers teach.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I know two people functionally illiterate - with Cleveland HS diplomas.

Pete
Old 03-14-2012, 10:37 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I know two people functionally illiterate - with Cleveland HS diplomas.

Pete
Probably like the situation recently in DC, they fired a really good teacher using that ditzy woman Rhee's rating scheme. It seems that her fifth grade students were promoted from the fourth grade because "someone" erased the wrong answers on the tests and put in the right answers. After all the school would have been punished under these half-assed new testing schemes. Fairfax county in VA grabbed the teacher in a flash.

As a former teacher I really wish people who know nothing about teaching would take all their "expertise" and shove it. If we don't get these "experts" out of the damn way we will wind up with a functionally illiterate nation. Oh but we will have destroyed the teachers unions and driven all the good teachers out of the system so that will be OK.