Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:04 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Growing up with Navy parents and spending my formative years in Military housing. There learning at an early age to see people as just another person looking beyond the exterior facade. More then soap would of been used in the Chief's house if an unkind word were used to describe another.

Barney
Chief? As in Chief Petty Officer? We certainly had the dreaded white glove inspection every Saturday morning after your chores were done. Only then could you go outside and play. He was army, 10th Armored-3rd Army 42-45.
Those guys killed a lot o' nazis! and those nazis killed a lot of them.80% were replaced and more than 10% KIA (30,000 divisional strength when they landed in Cherbourg.)
Old 01-17-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Chief? As in Chief Petty Officer? We certainly had the dreaded white glove inspection every Saturday morning after your chores were done. Only then could you go outside and play. He was army, 10th Armored-3rd Army 42-45.
Those guys killed a lot o' nazis! and those nazis killed a lot of them.80% were replaced and more than 10% KIA (30,000 divisional strength when they landed in Cherbourg.)
Yes my Father was a CPO, retired but never he really left the Navy. My Mother was a Photographer in the Navy when they met and married. So a united front was applied to the five kids.

Nothing wrong with a little discipline as long as it is fair and consistent in the implication. Something I have tried to do in my life.

Barney