Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-14-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Cheap shot and the word in this context is a phrase.
Guess I didn't get the memo. So we aren't doing cheap shots, and context matters now?
Old 01-14-2018, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Really, Was? I suggest you put a cork in it.
I suggest Cooper needs the cork, in both ends.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:13 AM

Folks are going to believe what they want to believe and most folks around here want to believe that Trump made the "shit hole countries" comment.

Me? I actually read the story. Specifically, I read the line that has come to characterize the flimsy nature of reporting these days: "....according to several people briefed on the meeting." So, the article was sourced by people who weren't there.

Typical.

We then have six Senators in the room. Only Dick Durban has confirmed the "shit hole" comment. The others say that Trump didn't say it, or they didn't hear it. And then you have Dick Durbin who has a history of....ahem....exaggeration.

But you guys can believe what you want to believe.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:24 AM

In case you have not noticed.... Mr. Trump is the master of .....ahem... exaggeration.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:45 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Folks are going to believe what they want to believe and most folks around here want to believe that Trump made the "shit hole countries" comment.

Me? I actually read the story. Specifically, I read the line that has come to characterize the flimsy nature of reporting these days: "....according to several people briefed on the meeting." So, the article was sourced by people who weren't there.

Typical.

We then have six Senators in the room. Only Dick Durban has confirmed the "shit hole" comment. The others say that Trump didn't say it, or they didn't hear it. And then you have Dick Durbin who has a history of....ahem....exaggeration.

But you guys can believe what you want to believe.
You conveniently forgot to mention Graham, as well as the fact that Trump called his buddies later that night bragging about his comment and its positive impact upon his base. Then you have the couple of gutless Senators who first said "I don't recall" and a day later said he didn't say it. Which is it, fellas?
Old 01-15-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
You conveniently forgot to mention Graham, ....
No. I know what Tim Scott said about a conversation with Graham. Scott wasn't at the meeting either.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:10 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
No. I know what Tim Scott said about a conversation with Graham. Scott wasn't at the meeting either.
And Flake, who said that Graham mentioned the shithole comment to him right after the meeting and before Durbin spoke out. Graham also said that he personally called out Trump for his comment during the meeting.

You constantly say that you're not a Trump defender, but you believe Trump, a guy who has lied over 2,000 times in the past year and has a history rife with racism, over Durbin, Graham, Flake and Scott. And lastly, there have been numerous reports that Trump called a number of his friends that night asserting that his comment would play well with his base.

A conservative columnist said President Trump called friends to brag after the meeting in which the president reportedly referred to Haiti, El Salvador and African nations as "shithole countries."

"It’s weird that people in the room don’t remember Trump using that word when Trump himself was calling friends to brag about it afterwards," Erick Erickson, who has in the past been critical of Trump, said in a tweet.

"I spoke to one of those friends. The President thought it would play well with the base."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...g-about-s-hole
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...stance-n837056

Hell, even the ultimate arbiters of conservative truth, Fox & Friends, agree that Trump made his shithole comments. That should put all arguments to bed.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/36...-comments-were

I guess you believe Lying Donnie Dotard when he says "I am the least racist person you have ever interviewed."

Last edited by finnbow; 01-15-2018 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:33 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

And now Perdue and Cotton are using a semantic argument, saying that Trump said "shithouse" instead of "shithole," to support their assertion that he didn't make the reported comment.

White House official told me tonight there is debate internally on whether Trump said "shithole" or "shithouse." Perdue and Cotton seem to have heard latter, this person said, and are using to deny.

Josh Dawsey
WashPost White House Reporter
Old 01-15-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
You constantly say that you're not a Trump defender, but you believe Trump, a guy who has lied over 2,000 times in the past year and has a history rife with racism, over Durbin, Graham, Flake and Scott. "[/I]
I constantly comment on the reporting of all things Trump, which is of extremely low quality and rife with shoddy souring, third-party commentary, and innuendo. I have no idea what was said or not said in that meeting, and neither do you. But I certainly see what you've chosen to invest yourself in.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:01 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I constantly comment on the reporting of all things Trump, which is of extremely low quality and rife with shoddy souring, third-party commentary, and innuendo. I have no idea what was said or not said in that meeting, and neither do you. But I certainly see what you've chosen to invest yourself in.
Durbin's and Graham's comments were not third-party and are fully consistent with other documented instances of racism by your Dear Leader, including (but not limited to): Federal lawsuit over housing discrimination, Central Park Five, Mexicans are rapists, Judge Curiel, Muslim Ban ...

Secondly, Flake and Scott saying that Graham told them of Trump's comments are first-party comments of what Graham said after the meeting. The bottom line - You chose to believe Trump over Durbin, Graham, Scott and Flake. Keep on doing so. It shows the darkness and depravity of your soul.