Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:36 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
"A significant business partner of Michael D. Cohen, President Trump’s personal lawyer, has quietly agreed to cooperate with the government as a potential witness, a development that could be used as leverage to pressure Mr. Cohen to work with the special counsel examining Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

Under the agreement, the partner, Evgeny A. Freidman, a Russian immigrant who is known as the Taxi King, will avoid jail time, and will assist government prosecutors in state or federal investigations, according to a person briefed on the matter." NY Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/22/n...gtype=Homepage

Inexorably, Bob Mueller gathers up the trash and wrings it dry. By the time he's finished, every Trumpy who's broken the law will either squealing in court or doing laundry in the big house.
This kinda stuff is the reason that Trump and his minions are now peddling the "spy" meme. The walls are closing in and the Dotard is freaking out. Bigly.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:43 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
This kinda stuff is the reason that Trump and his minions are now peddling the "spy" meme. The walls are closing in and the Dotard is freaking out. Bigly.
Too funny, I deleted this post you quoted because you'd beat me to the story of the 'Taxi King'. Ennywho, those walls are closing in on 'Deadbeat' Donnie and his gang. Hang on to your hat, though, it's going to be a bumpy ride this summer.
Need to stock up on popcorn.

Last edited by bobabode; 05-22-2018 at 05:47 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:59 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

The BBC reported Wednesday that President Donald Trump's longtime lawyer, Michael Cohen, received a secret payment of at least $400,000 from Ukraine to help fix talks with Trump.

Citing sources close to those involved, the BBC said the payment was set up by people acting on behalf of Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko. Cohen was not registered as a representative of Ukraine, which would be required under the Foreign Agents Registration Act if such a payment took place.

The BBC said the payment, which Cohen denied, was made ahead of Poroshenko's White House visit last June. Shortly after Poroshenko returned to Ukraine, the BBC reported, the nation's anticorruption agency pumped the brakes on its investigation into Trump's former campaign manager Paul Manafort, who has since been indicted in the US as part of the special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation.

http://www.businessinsider.com/micha...-access-2018-5
Old 05-24-2018, 05:51 AM

""Chris Christie weighs in on Mueller investigation.""

https://twitter.com/deadlinewh/statu...66439094566912
Old 05-24-2018, 12:22 PM

Russia ‘turned’ election for Trump, Clapper believes

Clapper knows more than just about anyone except Putin about Russian meddling. Donny is an illegitimate president*.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/ru...apper-believes

Russians not only affected the outcome of the 2016 presidential election — they decided it, says James Clapper, who served as the director of national intelligence in the Obama administration, and during the 2016 vote.

“To me, it just exceeds logic and credulity that they didn’t affect the election, and it’s my belief they actually turned it,” he told the PBS NewsHour anchor Judy Woodruff on Wednesday.

Clapper, who chronicles his life and career in his new book, “Facts and Fears: Hard Truths From a Life in Intelligence,” said Russians are “are bent on undermining our fundamental system here. And when a foreign nation, particularly an adversary nation, gets involved as much as they did in our political process, that’s a real danger to this country.”
Old 05-24-2018, 03:10 PM
Ready

Russian propaganda targeted by Cambridge Analytica. It is one of many factors, all of which were necessary to elect Trump. But one of the large factors I think.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:46 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Russia ‘turned’ election for Trump, Clapper believes

Clapper knows more than just about anyone except Putin about Russian meddling. Donny is an illegitimate president*.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/ru...apper-believes

Russians not only affected the outcome of the 2016 presidential election — they decided it, says James Clapper, who served as the director of national intelligence in the Obama administration, and during the 2016 vote.

“To me, it just exceeds logic and credulity that they didn’t affect the election, and it’s my belief they actually turned it,” he told the PBS NewsHour anchor Judy Woodruff on Wednesday.

Clapper, who chronicles his life and career in his new book, “Facts and Fears: Hard Truths From a Life in Intelligence,” said Russians are “are bent on undermining our fundamental system here. And when a foreign nation, particularly an adversary nation, gets involved as much as they did in our political process, that’s a real danger to this country.”
I fully concur with what Clapper said in your last paragraph. In addition, the mainstream media driven "we hate Trump" hysteria is deflecting attention away from this very important issue. The "we hate Trump" frenzy is generating $$$ for these companies and I think Clapper has jumped on the Russians/Trump stole the election bandwagon as a means to sell more books. Follow the money! Trump won the election for three reasons (descending order): 1) the excellent job Republican controlled state legislatures have gerrymandered congressional districts; 2) Hillary Clinton (ask Rajoo ); and 3) the non Republican Trump's base.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:43 AM

Russian oligarch met with Michael Cohen at Trump Tower during transition

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/25/polit...ing/index.html

Russians, Russians everywhere, but "no collusion!"
Old 05-26-2018, 09:55 AM

Wiretaps show Trump Jr. met with Putin ally

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ally/23443917/

Jose Grinda, who has spearheaded investigations into Spanish organized crime said that bureau officials in recent months requested and were provided transcripts of wiretapped conversations between Torshin and Alexander Romanov, a convicted Russian money launderer. On the wiretaps, Romanov refers to Torshin as “El Padrino,” his godfather.

“Just a few months ago, the wiretaps of these telephone conversations were given to the FBI,” Grinda said in response to a question from Yahoo News during a talk he gave at the Hudson Institute, a conservative think tank in Washington. Asked if he was concerned about Torshin’s meetings with Donald Trump Jr. and other American political figures, Grinda replied: “Mr. Trump’s son should be concerned.”
Old 05-26-2018, 11:50 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
I fully concur with what Clapper said in your last paragraph. In addition, the mainstream media driven "we hate Trump" hysteria is deflecting attention away from this very important issue. The "we hate Trump" frenzy is generating $$$ for these companies and I think Clapper has jumped on the Russians/Trump stole the election bandwagon as a means to sell more books. Follow the money! Trump won the election for three reasons (descending order): 1) the excellent job Republican controlled state legislatures have gerrymandered congressional districts; 2) Hillary Clinton (ask Rajoo ); and 3) the non Republican Trump's base.
Probably part of the reason why support for Mueller's probe is declining among Independent minded citizens... they observe the hustling and lose trust in the players.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...e-is-shrinking