Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
So the budget reconciliation process will only happen if Obama is re-elected, eh? You may not have noticed, but both parties are already playing election year politics with the budget. Also, to what specifics can you direct me to demonstrate that the Obama has a track record on reducing the size of government or reducing the budget deficit?
Romney is elected and the lame duck Congress does not do anything so by the time he is sworn in the cuts are ready to go....just like he says he wants to do. Many Republicans are worried too Whell, like Lindsay Graham of South Carolina.
I never said Obama reduced the budget. He has decrease the growth in governement hiring at the Federal level. Your friend Bush is responsible for most of the deficit anyway if you were not paying attention.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beej View Post
Interesting that a recent Washington Post poll indicates that most Republicans agree with various provisions of the PPACA until the word 'Obama' is injected into the poll questions then they're opposed. Not entirely sure I understand why that is.
I believe you may attribute it to severe partisan stupidity. I see McConnell as good as said during a TV interview that the 30 million uninsured can piss off.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
It needs to happen, and the sooner the better.
Then we can take it that you agree with Dr. No?
Old 07-02-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
It needs to happen, and the sooner the better.
Has the thought ever occurred to you that the Supreme Court's decision last week might have been the end of the Tea Party? Google New Deal coalition Whelly. I am not saying we have won, but if Obama succeeds in establishing this new coalition he is building into a permanent force he is going to paint the Tea Party into a corner.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Has the thought ever occurred to you that the Supreme Court's decision last week might have been the end of the Tea Party? Google New Deal coalition Whelly. I am not saying we have won, but if Obama succeeds in establishing this new coalition he is building into a permanent force he is going to paint the Tea Party into a corner.
Could this be the reasons behind the voter suppression or oppression in some states and the BIG MONEY being spent on redirect issues ads.

Barney
Old 07-02-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
So the budget reconciliation process will only happen if Obama is re-elected, eh?
It sure as hell won't happen if the Romneybot 8.0 get elected. Look up Jude Wanniski's "Two Santa Claus Theory".

Quote:
You may not have noticed, but both parties are already playing election year politics with the budget.
You said it yourself: election year politics. The thing to look at is the party with an actual history of fiscal responsibility. Despite all their mouth noises,it ain't the Republicans.

Quote:
Also, to what specifics can you direct me to demonstrate that the Obama has a track record on reducing the size of government or reducing the budget deficit?
Well, there are all those unemployed government workers. Anyway, this is not the time for fiscal restraint. Look how well austerity programs, like those our Conservative friends favor, are working in Europe.

You people think that somehow the "Magic of American Exceptionalism" will make it work here when it hasn't ever worked anywhere. By the way, that includes the Good Ol' US of A. At the insistence of the Republicans and some Democrats, FDR tried it during his first term. the Depression deepened as a result. Only after he was able to implement the New Deal, a massive government spending program, did things begin to turn around.

John
Old 07-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

As much as I dislike it mightily, Romney saying he won't balance the budget makes him the honest one on this issue.

Pete
Old 07-02-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beej View Post
Interesting that a recent Washington Post poll indicates that most Republicans agree with various provisions of the PPACA until the word 'Obama' is injected into the poll questions then they're opposed. Not entirely sure I understand why that is.
Oh, I think you do, beej, but you're too polite to say.

John
Old 07-02-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Your friend Bush is responsible for most of the deficit anyway if you were not paying attention.
Contributed to in no small part by an unprecedented growth in the size of the Federal government with the creation of the DHS.

John
Old 07-02-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Oh, I think you do, beej, but you're too polite to say.

John
I do disclose in my signature line that I am moderate to the extreme, sir.