Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:32 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Look at the links in the Salon article.
I'm interested, but what Salon article?
Old 12-21-2016, 07:55 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Speaking of fake arguments, thank you for reminding me of the Mexican comment fake news.

Here's the text of those comments that you're referring to:

Thank you. It's true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we're getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They're sending us not the right people.

It's coming from more than Mexico. It's coming from all over South and Latin America, and it's coming probably -- probably -- from the Middle East. But we don't know. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don't know what's happening. And it's got to stop and it's got to stop fast.
You're defending that xenophobic drivel? Good for you. You've shown who you really are.

The notion that Mexico is sending people is unadulterated bullshit. People are indeed coming, but Mexico is not sending them. Secondly, they are not predominately rapists, criminals and drug smugglers. Were it not for them, this country's construction, agriculture and hospitality industry would all go belly up. I suppose xenophobic, racist pricks don't recognize other racist, xenophobic pricks for who they are. Actually, it seems they find them appealing, vote for them and defend them. Good for you.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
You're defending that xenophobic drivel? Good for you. You've shown who you really are.

The notion that Mexico is sending people is unadulterated bullshit. People are indeed coming, but Mexico is not sending them. Secondly, they are not predominately rapists, criminals and drug smugglers. Were it not for them, this country's construction, agriculture and hospitality industry would all go belly up. I suppose xenophobic, racist pricks don't recognize other racist, xenophobic pricks for who they are. Actually, it seems they find them appealing, vote for them and defend them. Good for you.
You have an issue with the stats from ICE, take it up with ICE. Defending the words? No. Demonstrating how those words were serially mischaracterized? Yup.

You keep spinning like that Finn and WaPo might just ofrer you a job. I think I was clear enough about what my point was. You must have worked pretty hard to miss it.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
I'm interested, but what Salon article?
Post 206 in this thread. See link embedded in the words "great article".
Old 12-21-2016, 09:25 PM
Admin

Still spinning your wheels in this dishonest and ridiculous thread Mike? Do you own the rights to PoliticalChat.com?

(pssst, this site is a .org my clueless friend.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:03 PM
Ready

Quote:
Post 206 in this thread. See link embedded in the words "great article".
Not so great article. Checked the whole list of cites. They each basically said 'Trump called Mexican immigrants rapists.' Not one said 'Trump called ALL Mexican immigrants rapists.'

If Trump gets off with the defense that he didn't say or mean 'all,' then his critics should get the same benefit, shouldn't they?

This is all BS word games in any case. "They're sending..." was a clarion call to wake up American Xenohpobia, and wake it up it did.

Think this lady, the one in Oeret's thread, ever spent one second of her life parsing whether Trump meant ALL Hispanics are bad people? She's working off emotion--anger and resentment towards the 'other.' "Some I'm sure are good people" counts for nothing. These emotions don't make such nice distinctions.

This will get bloody, and Trump has been, and I'm sure will be, largely to blame. He let the racist genie out of the bottle. I wonder if you will ever admit what evil harm has been done?

Last edited by donquixote99; 12-21-2016 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-22-2016, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Not so great article. Checked the whole list of cites. They each basically said 'Trump called Mexican immigrants rapists.' Not one said 'Trump called ALL Mexican immigrants rapists.'

If Trump gets off with the defense that he didn't say or mean 'all,' then his critics should get the same benefit, shouldn't they?

This is all BS word games in any case.
You obviously didn't check them all, or if you did, you chose to ignore some things. Here are a few of the fake news links:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/27/op...rity.html?_r=1

Mr. Trump’s claim that illegal Mexican immigrants are “rapists,” and his...

Not what he said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.f4a73a7870c2

He referred to Mexicans as “rapists,” questioned Sen. John McCain’s ...

Wow, now the quote is spun as "all inclusive": Trump must think that Mexico is a whole country filled with rapists according that quote.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/8fb95...most-electable

Trump called Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals during his announcement speech...

Sure, he said some were, but he also said that some were good people. Why leave that part out, unless you're trying to advance a particular narrative?

And again, while the remarks are not artfully constructed and certainly not "PC", there are verifiable facts in the remarks. Illegal immigrants have been convicted of drug crimes and violent crimes including assault, rape and murder. That cannot be disputed. It doesn't mean that all of them have, it doesn't mean a majority have.

But what's lost in the media hysteria about the remarks is a larger problem of a porous border, US citizens that have been made less safe by lack of border control, and periodic mass migration (which causes its own set of issues) encouraged by the prospect of easily defeated border security. I think the focus on the non-PC nature of the comments was a purposeful distraction from Trump's the larger discussion about border security.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:20 AM
Ready

Quote:
You obviously didn't check them all, or if you did, you chose to ignore some things. Here are a few of the fake news links:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/27/op...rity.html?_r=1

Mr. Trump’s claim that illegal Mexican immigrants are “rapists,” and his...

Not what he said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.f4a73a7870c2

He referred to Mexicans as “rapists,” questioned Sen. John McCain’s ...

Wow, now the quote is spun as "all inclusive": Trump must think that Mexico is a whole country filled with rapists according that quote.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/8fb95...most-electable

Trump called Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals during his announcement speech...

Sure, he said some were, but he also said that some were good people. Why leave that part out, unless you're trying to advance a particular narrative?

And again, while the remarks are not artfully constructed and certainly not "PC", there are verifiable facts in the remarks. Illegal immigrants have been convicted of drug crimes and violent crimes including assault, rape and murder. That cannot be disputed. It doesn't mean that all of them have, it doesn't mean a majority have.

But what's lost in the media hysteria about the remarks is a larger problem of a porous border, US citizens that have been made less safe by lack of border control, and periodic mass migration (which causes its own set of issues) encouraged by the prospect of easily defeated border security. I think the focus on the non-PC nature of the comments was a purposeful distraction from Trump's the larger discussion about border security.
Sure, there are some criminals in the immigrant population, as there are in all populations. That justifies holding them up as an invading menace? Only as a morally depraved way to get votes.

The cost is discrimination. The cost is hate, rants in cash register lines and much else. The cost is a homeless man beaten to death. The whole cost is far from reckoned, and may go ungodly high.

Like I said, none of the reports said "all." Your claim that Trumps remarks were distorted is BS word games. Trump, to get elected, instigated and normalized hate, and you defend that. This is not a matter on which 'men of good will' can differ. You have chosen evil. Fuck you to hell.

Last edited by donquixote99; 12-22-2016 at 06:24 AM.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Sure, there are some criminals in the immigrant population, as there are in all populations. That justifies holding them up as an invading menace? Only as a morally depraved way to get votes.

The cost is discrimination. The cost is hate, rants in cash register lines and much else. The cost is a homeless man beaten to death. The whole cost is far from reckoned, and may go ungodly high.

Like I said, none of the reports said "all." Your claim that Trumps remarks were distorted is BS word games. Trump, to get elected, instigated and normalized hate, and you defend that. This is not a matter on which 'men of good will' can differ. You have chosen evil. Fuck you to hell.
Merry Christmas to you too, Don. Always nice to see you demonstrate how to carry on a discussion without hateful rhetoric.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
This is not a matter on which 'men of good will' can differ.
And men of goodwill need to stand up and fight it.