Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-20-2021, 07:22 AM

The Negro Travelers Green Book

I saw a program about this on PBS yesterday. Utterly fascinating. An interesting look at life for some from the Thirties to the Sixties. So much history is never taught in schools.

Or simply "The Green Book"
Old 02-20-2021, 07:26 AM

It's still real life, existing while "different" can be risky.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
It's still real life, existing while "different" can be risky.
To 'splain the concept of Corporations to a lowbrow, uneducated moron like you, here's the facts:

A corporation is considered an "artificial person created by statute." (We had to learn that in business school, while dropouts like you were cashing welfare checks and smoking meth all over the place.)

There is such a thing as the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. Do you want Texas to execute them? (admittedly it would free up a ton of welfare-to-the-rich spending.)

To educate an idiot like you, (and part of me thinks I should start with simple fourth grade reading and math, considering your lack of schooling), Corporations are designed to limit the liability of people in business. A sole proprietor (in English, MISTER IDIOT, that means a person whose business is in his/her name) can be held liable for damages, all kinds of frivolous litigation (in English MISTER IDIOT, litigation means lawsuits. Oh, and the phrase "lawsuits" doesn't mean an outfit a lawyer wears to court.).

There are also LLC's. Limited Liability Companies exist mostly to shield business owners (you know, people who actually invested their own money into businesses that your welfare dollars and food stamps buy) from certain lawsuits and certain tax laws.

The difference between an LLC and a Corporation is an LLC cannot be taken public.
(In ENGLISH, lowbrow, going public means selling shares to the corporation to the public. I'd maybe suggest you buy into some shares, but I don't you can charge them on your SNAP benefits card.)

Now,when your sig suggests this about corporations, you will understand why everyone is laughing at your ignorant ass.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:15 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
I saw a program about this on PBS yesterday. Utterly fascinating. An interesting look at life for some from the Thirties to the Sixties. So much history is never taught in schools.

Or simply "The Green Book"
I watched that as well, along with the piece on Reconstruction. Terrible, the way African Americans among others have been betrayed by our government.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:17 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reason10 View Post
To 'splain the concept of Corporations to a lowbrow, uneducated moron like you, here's the facts:

A corporation is considered an "artificial person created by statute." (We had to learn that in business school, while dropouts like you were cashing welfare checks and smoking meth all over the place.)

There is such a thing as the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. Do you want Texas to execute them? (admittedly it would free up a ton of welfare-to-the-rich spending.)

To educate an idiot like you, (and part of me thinks I should start with simple fourth grade reading and math, considering your lack of schooling), Corporations are designed to limit the liability of people in business. A sole proprietor (in English, MISTER IDIOT, that means a person whose business is in his/her name) can be held liable for damages, all kinds of frivolous litigation (in English MISTER IDIOT, litigation means lawsuits. Oh, and the phrase "lawsuits" doesn't mean an outfit a lawyer wears to court.).

There are also LLC's. Limited Liability Companies exist mostly to shield business owners (you know, people who actually invested their own money into businesses that your welfare dollars and food stamps buy) from certain lawsuits and certain tax laws.

The difference between an LLC and a Corporation is an LLC cannot be taken public.
(In ENGLISH, lowbrow, going public means selling shares to the corporation to the public. I'd maybe suggest you buy into some shares, but I don't you can charge them on your SNAP benefits card.)

Now,when your sig suggests this about corporations, you will understand why everyone is laughing at your ignorant ass.
It's you everyone is laughing at.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:20 AM
Ready

Mostly what 'reason' does is insult people. He hopes he can make people mad, so they will hurl insults at him, the more vile the better. This makes him feel powerful. He will happily insult such persons again and again, to get more gratifying responses.

I suspect we are a disappointment to him. Not so many want to play, here.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn he plays the same game on conservative boards, using a liberal persona. If he doesn't, he should try. It would work a treat I'm sure.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:41 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Mostly what 'reason' does is insult people. He hopes he can make people mad, so they will hurl insults at him, the more vile the better. This makes him feel powerful. He will happily insult such persons again and again, to get more gratifying responses.

I suspect we are a disappointment to him. Not so many want to play, here.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn he plays the same game on conservative boards, using a liberal persona. If he doesn't, he should try. It would work a treat I'm sure.
Yes, I know. I hear you. He appears to be a small, twisted and petty person. I will try to ignore him from here on out.

As my father told me; "It's a waste of time to argue with the insane.".
Old 02-20-2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Yes, I know. I hear you. He appears to be a small, twisted and petty person. I will try to ignore him from here on out.

As my father told me; "It's a waste of time to argue with the insane.".
The ignore function is handy for dealing with trolls.
Old 02-20-2021, 02:43 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
The ignore function is handy for dealing with trolls.
True. I come here so rarely these days, I forgot. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2021, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reason10 View Post
Insulting a well respected member earns you my derision and transfer to Ignore Department and soon you will find your way to the Outlaw Camp.