Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-20-2022, 11:04 PM
Admin

The 118th Congress - Buckle Up

The next two years ought to be interesting in a trainwreck sort of way with Qanon wagging the dog in the House.

Kevin McCarthy of deserves all the grief coming his way.
Old 12-21-2022, 05:43 AM

Mcarthy and the crazy cult train looked at the HRC server/Benghazi hearings and said, hold my beer.....watch this!
Old 12-21-2022, 11:49 PM

The GOP Senate does not trust the 118th House.

Quote:
The agreement between top Senate Republicans and House and Senate Democrats on a $1.7 trillion deal to fund the federal government through September reflects the politics of fear — fear that the narrow GOP majority in the House might be unfit to govern and is prepared to engage in reckless brinkmanship in future budget battles.
Quote:
McCarthy pledged on Twitter on Tuesday that if the Senate approved the new budget, even Republican-authored Senate bills “would be dead on arrival” in the House next year. While expressing support for McCarthy’s leadership bid, Cramer shot back in an interview with the Washington Examiner. McCarthy, he said, “can do that if he wants, but it doesn’t get him anywhere. I mean, I think it even sounds naive.”
Up yours Kevin sayeth McConnell and his brethren.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...house-ukraine/
Old 12-22-2022, 06:19 AM

So the "do nothing" Repubs threaten to (checks notes) stop the Repubs who propose to get things done? Do they not realize that 2024 is just two years away?
Old 12-22-2022, 08:44 AM

Quote:
The Speaker’s race is McCarthy’s to lose, and yet he could lose it still. During the first round of voting, McCarthy’s only official competitor was Andy Biggs, a legislator from Arizona, who received thirty-one votes but who vowed to fight on. Biggs is part of a far-right faction called the Freedom Caucus. The group, which has about forty members, has been a wrecking ball since its creation, in 2015, when it forced out John Boehner as Speaker and sabotaged McCarthy, who was running to replace him. Two years earlier, congresspeople who became core members of the Freedom Caucus had shut down the government and tried to force a federal default, in order to make a point about excessive federal spending. Its ranks have grown with election deniers, QAnon conspiracists, and diehard Trumpists. Sarah Longwell, a Republican strategist, told me, “The Dems’ extreme people are extreme on progressive policies. The Republicans’ extreme are extreme on the level of the insane taking over the asylum.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-to-gain-power
Old 12-25-2022, 12:55 AM

Holding hearings about Hunter Biden's laptop is going to lead to a Joe Biden's second term.

"let's go Brandon" is starting to bite those morons in the butt lol
Old 12-25-2022, 11:00 AM

Now here is a BAM! from Nancy to Kev.

Kevin in his speech on the passage of $1.7Trillion Omnibubus bill said:
Quote:
“It is one of the most shameful acts I’ve ever seen in this body,” said McCarthy, who is seeking to become speaker as Republicans take the House majority next year.

“The appropriations process has failed the American public, and there’s no greater example of the nail in the coffin of the greatest failure of a one-party rule of the House, the Senate and the presidency.”
And Nancy in her response said:
Quote:
“I can’t help but wonder, had he forgotten January 6?” Pelosi asked.
Eat shit Kev.
Old 12-26-2022, 04:05 PM

^^^ Repub politicians get so used to telling outrageous lies about Dem politicians that such utter garbage probably didn't even give Kevin McCarthy pause before he spewed it forth.

If Kevin keeps up his current trajectory he could vie with Senator Joseph McCarthy as most reviled Repub named McCarthy.
Old 12-27-2022, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
^^^ Repub politicians get so used to telling outrageous lies about Dem politicians that such utter garbage probably didn't even give Kevin McCarthy pause before he spewed it forth.

If Kevin keeps up his current trajectory he could vie with Senator Joseph McCarthy as most reviled Repub named McCarthy.
You would think at some point the Republican base would say whoa, that's a bit much.
You would think
Old 12-27-2022, 04:39 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
You would think at some point the Republican base would say whoa, that's a bit much.
You would think
Not the base, no, doesn't happen. The independents do that, and take to voting with the Democrats. Then with the Democrats in charge, some Republican politicians find it in their interest to be more reasonable, to try to get independents to vote for them again. That's as good as it gets.