Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:41 AM

I'd disagree with that. I really don't believe that they understand how our currency system works. If you asked all 535 (?) of them in the legislative branch, to a (wo)man, I bet they say that spending is constrained by borrowing and taxes collected. If they believe that, they don't understand the system.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:24 PM

I've had no schooling in anything, especially economics or math, but it seems to me, that the US government (being the worlds largest employer) is so costly to run, that we have to either print or borrow money every second of every day. That tells me that America can't afford to operate the government. What worries me, is when China can't afford to run it either. Hyper-inflation has to figure into things when we run the money presses 24/7.

As for the big banks getting bailed out, what happened with Lehman Bros.? That cost me about 10k and a good friend of mine much much more.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:44 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
As for the big banks getting bailed out, what happened with Lehman Bros.? That cost me about 10k and a good friend of mine much much more.
Because Dubya decided that they would not bail out Lehman Bros. and that is when the excrement collided with the air moving device.

Nonetheless the big banks now do feel that they are "entitled" to bail outs - and they did not even pay into the scheme.